After a *lot* of development effort, the Apache Isis committers are
delighted to announce the release of v2.0.0-M3 of the framework.
This is a major milestone release that "re-platforms" Apache Isis so that
it now runs on top of Spring Boot 2.x. JDK8 is the minimum. Some
* A new convenience parent pom builds on top of Spring Boot’s similar
parent pom, to make it easy to develop new apps, along with simplified
* The Maven archetypes have been replaced with Starter Apps in github repos.
* Configuration properties have been refactored, and can now be specified
(with intellisense hints) using Spring’s application.properties or
* a new @Property#projecting allows view model summaries to be returned as
"projections" of underlying entities.
* new layout() method (or UI event) allows a domain object to specify which
layout file should be used to render it.
* there is no longer any need to specify @ParameterLayout#named()
* there is now a security integration with Keycloak
There are also a number of new extensions:
* Flyway (integrating with Spring Boot’s support)
* pdf.js (for Wicket viewer)
* fullcalendar (for Wicket viewer)
* excel download (for Wicket viewer)
Other improvements include:
* Integration test support, and BDD (Cucumber) "spec" support have been
refactored to run on Spring Boot with Junit 5.
* New demo app to demonstrate new features.
* New smoketest app to catch regressions
Finally, the website has been updated to use Antora.
Full release notes are available on the Apache Isis website at .
You can access this release directly from the Maven central repo .
Alternatively, download the release and build it from source .
--The Apache Isis team