---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: FENG, Xixuan (Aaron) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 12:13 AM Subject: [REPORT] MADlib - January 2018 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Hi MADlib developers,
Happy New Year!
Please find the MADlib quarterly report attached. And feel free to let me know if you have anything to add. It is submitted but modification is still welcomed before the board meeting next week.
Thank you for your continuing support and contribution to MADlib.
Aaron Xixuan Feng Subject: [REPORT] MADlib - January 2018
- Apache MADlib is a scalable, Big Data, SQL-driven machine learning framework for Data Scientists.
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
- MADlib 1.13 was released on 2017-December-22, and this is the second release as an Apache TLP project.
- There is a MADlib community call on the topic of the 1.13 release scheduled for 2018-January-17.
- As a final (we think) post-graduation task, we cleaned up dist/incubator/madlib
- Community is working on 1.14 JIRAs is currently. ## Health report:
The community is relatively small but very engaged with robust mailing list traffic, interest in doing frequent releases and new functionality being developed by contributors.
The number of developers actively contributing to the code/documentation has increased to around 9 per month, up from 6 at the time of the last report.
We will constantly be on a lookout for new community members to be invited either as committers or PMC.
## PMC changes:
- No changes in PMC, currently 13 PMC members.
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 13 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Nandish Jayaram on 2016-09-08
- Next release: v1.14.0 planned for Feb 2018
- v1.13.0 released on 2017-12-22
- v1.12.0 released on 2017-08-29
- v1.11.0-incubating released on 2017-05-17 ## Mailing list activity:
Mailing activity has remained relatively stable with 148 posts to dev@ and 7 posts to user@ during the month of December.