I am proposing the following addition to the project's development
guidelines . Based on these guidelines, an abandoned pull request can
be closed in roughly 6 weeks time (4 weeks of inactivity plus 2 weeks to
respond to a committer's request.)
Please vote +1, 0, or -1 and also indicate if your vote is binding or
non-binding. More information on voting can be found in the Apache Metron
This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours, excluding this weekend.
I plan to close the vote no sooner than Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 8:00
The discuss thread that preceeded this vote can be found here .
2.6.1 Inactive Pull Requests
Contributions can often take a significant amount of time to complete the
code review process. This process requires active participation from the
contributor. If the contributor is unable to actively participate, the
pull request is unlikely to successfully complete this process.
Pull Requests that have failed to receive active participation from the
contributor for an extended period of time risk being abandoned. Any
committer can submit a request for Apache Infra to close a pull request
that has been abandoned according to the following guidelines.
- A pull request is 'inactive' if no comments or updates have been made
by the contributor in the previous 4 weeks.
- For any 'inactive' pull request, a committer can request from the
contributor justification for keeping the pull request open.
- The committer's request should be made as a public comment on the pull
request. The committer should refer the contributor to these development
guidelines for inactive pull requests.
- If the contributor publically responds to the request, the pull
request is no longer consider 'inactive'.
- If the contributor does not respond to the request within 2 weeks, the
pull request is considered 'abandoned'.
- A committer can cast a -1 vote on any 'abandoned' pull request using
these development guidelines as justification.
- A committer can submit a request to Apache Infra to close the
'abandoned' pull request based on this -1 vote.