What you get
Find Performance Issues Faster
- Simple agent setup with extremely low overhead and no dependencies
- Apache Kafka exposes over 100 metrics, you can view all of them in our out-of-the-box dashboards
- Collect logs, key Apache Kafka metrics and events to cut troubleshooting time in half
- Set up anomaly detection or threshold-based alerts on any combination of metrics and filters
Get Started in Seconds
- Install the agent in seconds. Check out the Sematext Agent docs for more details.
- Supported across any environment, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, and more
- Use Discovery to discover and monitor services inside containers
- Select which logs and metrics to collect from the UI
Real-Time Visibility into Your Apache Kafka instances
Collect all key metrics for the producer, consumer, and broker, alongside JVM metrics and system metrics. See consumer lag by topic and even partition, replication metrics, and much more.
View the Kafka integration docs for a detailed list of metrics!
Troubleshooting Made Easy with Enriched Logs
Ship Kafka logs to Sematext using any log shipper or library for correlation with performance metrics and faster Kafka troubleshooting. Find Kafka consumer lag and performance issues faster by drilling down into logs.
Gain Key Insights with Traces
To enable tracing you edit the agent’s configuration file to set tracing to enabled. As simple as that! Trace code execution from any back-end services and databases that interact with Apache Kafka.
Notify Your DevOps Team About Critical Issues
- Set up anomaly detection or threshold alerts
- Get alerted on both metrics and logs
- Invite team members. There is no limit on the number of users!
- Share logs and metrics with your team using role-based access control
Benefit from Pre-Built Dashboards
- Benefit from out-of-the-box Apache Kafka dashboards with both host-specific metrics and container metrics
- Add or remove components and charts in existing reports to customize dashboards
- Add a new report page with your favorite metrics, charts, components, and filters
- Combine metrics and logs to cut troubleshooting time in half
Compare Any Two Reports in a Single View
With Split Screen you can compare any two reports. Split Screen is available across the whole product and you can open any report with events, logs, or metrics for easy correlation.