What is redis
What Is Redis?
Redis is an in-memory data structure store that uses a simple command structure as opposed to the query language of traditional databases. It has a vast variety of data structures, such as strings, lists, maps, sets, sorted sets, HyperLogLogs, bitmaps, streams, and spatial indices. Data is stored in key-value pairs with cache support which is ideal for low latency and high throughput data access. And helps you support magnitude more operations with faster response times.
Whether you are using Redis for caching, database, streaming engine, or message broker purposes it is a critical component of your high-scale distributed Infrastructure. So using a monitoring tool to closely track its health and performance can help you diagnose issues for Redis itself and all the affected services in your infrastructure.
What you get
Quickly Find Redis Performance Bottlenecks
Sematext’s Redis monitoring tool offers a detailed view of your Redis systems with out-of-the-box dashboards. Combine logs and metrics on the same screen without context switch, and create alerts to get to the root of the performance issue faster.
- Monitor Redis memory metrics and prevent out of memory errors and solve performance issues
- Identify latency generated by slow commands
- Get alerted on incoming error and warning messages
- Analyze network impact of database communication to identify latency changes
Get a Real-Time Overview of Critical Redis Metrics
Sematext Monitoring tracks all metrics needed for in-depth visibility into your entire infrastructure and resource usage. You can improve performance and provide faster applications to your users by tracking Redis stats such as
- Used memory
- Fragmentation ratio
- Connected clients
Check the Redis monitoring documentation for a detailed list of the Redis metrics provided.
Monitor Redis Logs to Speed Up Troubleshooting
Use a number of log shippers and libraries to send Redis logs to Sematext. Correlate them with Redis performance metrics to easily check the status of your system.
- Hook up rsyslog log shipper to get Redis logs and glean insights of your Redis database
- Collect throughput metrics values for all the commands run on Redis
- Scale your Redis clusters based on metrics to ensure minimal interruption to your end users
- Detect anomalies for proactive Redis troubleshooting
Benefit from Pre-Built Monitoring Dashboards
Sematext gives you out-of-the-box dashboards to continuously monitor the availability, health, and performance of your system.
- Get out-of-the-box monitoring charts
- Add or remove components and charts in existing reports to customize dashboards
- Add a new report page with your favorite metrics, charts, components, and filters
- Combine metrics and logs to cut troubleshooting time in half
Notify Your DevOps Team About Critical Issues
Sematext allows you to stay on top of performance issues with customizable monitoring and alerting on any combination of metrics, filters, and logs.
- Set up custom anomaly detection or threshold alerts
- Send notifications to Slack, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, custom Webhooks, email, etc.
- Invite team members. There is no limit on the number of users!
- Share logs and metrics with your team using role-based access control
Compare Any Two Reports in a Single View
With Split Screen you can compare any two reports. Split Screen is available across the whole product and you can open any report with events, logs, or metrics for easy correlation.
Start Monitoring Your System in Seconds
Sematext features a simple monitoring agent setup with extremely low overhead.
- Install the Sematext Agent in seconds.
- Supported across any environment, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, and more
- Use Discovery to discover and monitor services inside containers
- Select which performance metrics and logs to collect from the UI
Plans and pricing
Plans and Pricing
Sematext Monitoring pricing starts at $3.6/host/month. There are no long-term commitments necessary, and the cost is usage-based. Monthly cost estimates for the current month are displayed in Sematext during the free trial to avoid any surprises and 100% transparency.
See Plans and Pricing