Ensure optimal cluster health and performance with intuitive Elasticsearch monitoring tools. Check Elasticsearch metrics, logs, and events to easily detect and drill down into any issue.
Already have an account?
Sign in to get started.
What is elasticsearch
What Is Elasticsearch?
Elasticsearch is a near-realtime search engine built on top of Apache Lucene. It is used for enterprise search use-cases, such as finding products in an E-commerce website, but also for time-series analytics: log analysis, social media, events, etc. Elasticsearch applications can draw from a powerful ecosystem, especially for log aggregation and other observability data: most notably Logstash for feeding data and Kibana for visualizing it.
Elasticsearch tends to be an important piece of the infrastructure, so you'll want to monitor it to make sure it's fast and stable - and Sematext Cloud helps you do just that.
What you get
Detect and Solve Elasticsearch Performance Problems
Sematext Monitoring provides an easy Elasticsearch integration to allow end-to-end visibility into all the statistics needed for efficient troubleshooting. Out-of-the-box dashboards feature powerful alerting and reporting tools to find Elasticsearch performance bottlenecks faster.
- Detect hotspots in your cluster based on any metric from system load to adaptive replica selection ranks
- Get alerted on thread pool rejections, high query latency and other performance-impacting metrics
- Tweak everything from JVM GC, caches, merge policy to scripting and ingest pipelines using their respective metrics
- Use the built-in tips to understand what metrics are about and how to tune their corresponding settings
Monitor Important Elasticsearch Metrics and Stats in Real Time
Sematext Monitoring easily aggregates a wide range of Elasticsearch health and performance metrics and helps you visualize them through extensive reports. You'll be able to correlate metrics from Elasticsearch itself, such as query latency, with OS or JVM-level metrics. For example, IO bottlenecks or GC latency spikes can cause slow queries. Here are some of the collected metrics:
- Cluster status: from number of nodes and shards to published cluster states
- Index stats: from docs count and indexing rate to segments memory breakdown, refresh, flush and merge metrics
- Search metrics related to query, get, scroll and suggest requests
- Cache metrics, with many tips on how to make them more efficient
- Thread pool metrics, so you can easily spot which operations and which nodes are in trouble
- Circuit breaker, scripting, ingest and other use-case-specific metrics
- JVM metrics, such as heap usage of each pool, GC latency, etc.
- Detailed OS metrics. For example, CPU usage is broken down into user, system, IOwait, etc., and you have an easy wait to spot if some nodes have more/less processors
- Check the Elasticsearch monitoring documentation for a detailed list of the Elasticsearch metrics provided.
Gain Better Observability with Elasticsearch Logs
Use Sematext's logging features to collect and analyze Elasticsearch logs. Correlate them with monitoring metrics to better understand Elasticsearch health and troubleshoot performance issues faster.
- Find slow Elasticsearch queries, broken queries, queries returning zero hits, node timeouts, replication issues, master node elections, and much more
- Get alerted on any issue or anomaly, from discovery failures to latencies on specific queries
- Correlate alerts, like an abnormal number of nodes, with the logs leading up to it, like a node restart
- Ship Elasticsearch logs and enrich them automatically with the Sematext Agent, or manually using virtually any log shipper, from Logstash to rsyslog
Benefit from Pre-Built Monitoring Dashboards
Sematext gives you out-of-the-box dashboards to continuously monitor the availability, health, and performance of your system.
- Get out-of-the-box monitoring charts
- Add or remove components and charts in existing reports to customize dashboards
- Add a new report page with your favorite metrics, charts, components, and filters
- Combine metrics and logs to cut troubleshooting time in half
Notify Your DevOps Team About Critical Issues
Sematext allows you to stay on top of performance issues with customizable monitoring and alerting on any combination of metrics, filters, and logs.
- Set up custom anomaly detection or threshold alerts
- Send notifications to Slack, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, custom Webhooks, email, etc.
- Invite team members. There is no limit on the number of users!
- Share logs and metrics with your team using role-based access control
Compare Any Two Reports in a Single View
With Split Screen you can compare any two reports. Split Screen is available across the whole product and you can open any report with events, logs, or metrics for easy correlation.
Start Monitoring Your System in Seconds
Sematext features a simple monitoring agent setup with extremely low overhead.
- Install the Sematext Agent in seconds.
- Supported across any environment, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, and more
- Use Discovery to discover and monitor services inside containers
- Select which performance metrics and logs to collect from the UI
Plans and pricing
Plans and Pricing
Sematext Monitoring pricing starts at $3.6/host/month. There are no long-term commitments necessary, and the cost is usage-based. Monthly cost estimates for the current month are displayed in Sematext during the free trial to avoid any surprises and 100% transparency.
See Plans and Pricing
Get Meaningful Insights for Effective Monitoring
Get dozens of key metrics and logs at your fingertips. Sematext Monitoring offers robust and reliable tools to ensure the functionality and high availability of your applications and services.
Start free trial
- Ensure minimal downtime
- Benefit from predictable resource usage
- Scale effectively based on load
- Starts as low as $3.6/host/month