Alerts are used to notify you when one or more pre-defined conditions in your metrics, logs or experience data are met.
For example, you might want to be notified when available disk space reaches a certain threshold - metrics alert, or when the number of logs with
severity: warning gets too high - logs alert, or when your users start experiencing high response time - experience alert.
Sematext Cloud includes multiple types of alerts that integrate with PagerDuty, Slack, email, and other 3rd party services.
- Threshold alerts are the classic threshold based alerts. They are triggered when a certain pre-defined threshold is met.
- Anomaly alerts are based on statistical anomaly detection. They are triggered when values suddenly change and deviate from the continously computed baseline.
- Heartbeat alerts are triggered when Sematext Cloud stops receiving data from your server, container, application, etc.
Alerts can operate on three different sources of data:
- Metrics alerts work with infrastructure metrics
- Logs alerts are based on various types of logs
- Experience alerts are concerned with real user monitoring data - RUM
You can manage Alert rules interactively via the UI, or you can manage alerts via the API.