Alerts are used to notify you when one or more predefined conditions in your metrics, logs or experience data are met.
For example, you might want to be notified when available disk space reaches a certain threshold - metrics alert, or when the number of logs with
severity: warning gets too high - logs alert, or when your users start experiencing high response time - experience alert.
- Threshold alerts are the classic threshold based alerts. They are triggeed when a certain pre-defiend threshold is met.
- Anomaly alerts are based on statistical anomaly detection. They are triggeed when values suddenly change and deviate from the continously computed baseline.
- Heartbeat alerts are triggered when Sematext Cloud stops receiving data from your server, container, application, etc.
Alerts can operate on three different sources of data:
- Metrics alerts work with infrastructure metrics
- Logs alerts are based on various types of logs
- Experience alerts are concerned with real user monitoring data - RUM
You can manage Alert rules interactively via the UI, or you can manage alerts via the API.