What is opensearch
What is OpenSearch?
OpenSearch is a community-driven, Apache 2.0-licensed open source search and analytics suite. It is based on the fork of Elasticsearch and other parts of the Elastic Stack, including Kibana. It comes with an increasingly divergent set of features that are freely available and under a more permissive license.
OpenSearch makes it easy to ingest, search, visualize, and analyze data.
What you get
Detect, Visualize and Alert on OpenSearch Performance Issues Faster with out of the box Metrics, Logs Dashboards and Alerts
Sematext OpenSearch Monitoring can help you quickly identify issues with unreliable nodes, delays in JVM GC and other memory problems.
- Get alerted when your cluster loses a node
- Monitor cluster health and node availability
- Optimize JVM heap and file system cache
- Watch search and indexing performance metrics
- Check for cluster imbalance and easily detect hotspots
- Use meaningful built-in tips to quickly troubleshoot issues even if you are not an OpenSearch expert
Everything you need to monitor OpenSearch comes out of the box
Customize reports, charts, and alerts as you wish
Monitor OpenSearch Metrics in Real Time
Sematext offers mighty dashboards for the visualization of all key OpenSearch metrics using well organized charts with built-in tips for troubleshooting. All information is aggregated for fast root-cause analysis and troubleshooting. Here are a few of the collected metrics:
- Detailed OS metrics: CPU, disk IO, network, etc.
- Cluster states and pending tasks
- Shard stats, memory tied to shards
- Index stats, segments memory breakdown
- Search stats: latency, request rate, adaptive replica selection
- Request cache, query/filter cache
- Thread pools
- Circuit breakers: parent breaker, fielddata, request, in-flight requests
- TCP and HTTP connections, received and transmitted counts
- Script cache and compilations
- Ingest stats
- JVM metrics
- Check the OpenSearch Monitoring documentation for the complete list of metrics Sematext provides.
Correlate OpenSearch Metrics and Logs for Faster Troubleshooting
OpenSearch integration captures both OpenSearch metrics and OpenSearch logs. Both come with out of the box dashboards and alert rules. Moreover, OpenSearch metrics and logs can be correlated using Split Screen to cut troubleshooting time in half.
- Correlate cluster state changes, ingest loads, and other metrics with error logs for fast root-cause analysis
- Check thread pool rejections and make search latency more predictable
- Find slow, broken OpenSearch queries and node timeouts
- Get alerted on the most notable OpenSearch issues including query latencies and other anomalies
Notify Your DevOps Team About Critical Issues
Stay on top of performance issues with customizable monitoring and alerting on any combination of metrics, filters, and logs. OpenSearch-specific alert rules are provided out of the box.
- Set up anomaly detection or threshold alerts
- Send notifications to Slack, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, custom Webhooks, email, etc.
- Invite team members. There is no limit on the number of users!
- Share logs and metrics with your team using role-based access control
- Get out-of-the-box fine-tuned alerts for important OpenSearch metrics
Benefit from Pre-Built Monitoring Dashboards
Sematext gives you out-of-the-box dashboards so you don’t have to spend time building your own from scratch. This lets you get started right away and monitor the availability, health, and performance of your cluster with minimal effort.
- Get out-of-the-box monitoring charts
- Save time and effort by tracking only the metrics that matter without spending time building your own dashboards
- All your metrics in a single place
- Most dashboards include tips with explanations of metrics and suggestions for what to do when a metric spikes or dips.
Start Monitoring your Cluster in Seconds
Sematext features a simple monitoring agent setup with extremely low overhead and no dependencies.
- Install the Sematext Agent in seconds.
- Supported across any environment, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, and more
- Use Discovery to discover and monitor services inside containers
- Select which performance metrics and logs to collect from the UI
Plans and pricing
Plans and Pricing
Sematext Monitoring pricing starts at $3.6/month/host. There are no long-term commitments necessary, and the cost is usage-based. Monthly cost estimates are displayed in Sematext during and after the free trial to avoid any surprises and provide 100% transparency.
See Plans and Pricing Schedule a Demo