Solr & Lucene Consulting Contact UsWe have a few hundred engagements under our belt and can help you architect, scale, tune, and successfully deploy your Solr-based products.
Our customers range from large, multinational Fortune 100 household name companies, governmental and financial institutions, to small and midsized businesses, as well as startups.
- Expert consulting around architecture design, best practices, scaling, performance, tuning, hardware requirements, search relevance, etc.
- Design, architecture, and development of Search & Big Data solutions using Solr/Elasticsearch/Lucene, Hadoop, HBase, Kafka, and other open-source technologies
- Code reviews, mentoring, and troubleshooting
- Migration from FAST ESP and other commercial solutions to Solr or Elasticsearch
- Evaluation of open-source and commercial search solutions
During our engagements, especially those focused on scalability and performance, we often use our SPM for Solr and Elasticsearch performance monitoring and alerting solution to ensure we end up with the most optimal indexing and search setup for our clients.
SPM monitors all performance metrics for Solr/SolrCloud and Elasticsearch, as well as for a number of other technologies, and is thus invaluable to both us and our clients during and after the engagement.
During our engagements focused on search relevance we often rely on our Site Search Analytics solution to understand various search metrics that are indicative of search results quality, user search experience and behaviour, etc.
Using this tool we can actually measure the quality of relevance and, ultimately, the effect it has on user experience. With this tool we can visually see the before and after metrics and understand which search relevance-related “knobs” affect quality and how much.
We’ve worked closely with Sematext since day 1 of developing our Salesforce Content product. Their real-world expertise in designing and scaling Lucene and Solr based solutions has proved invaluable.
We chose Solr/Lucene as our search platform for shortcovers.com. We had a very short timeline to put together a production level solution; reaching out to Sematext for help was a right call. The team at Sematext is amongst the best professionals we’ve worked with. Fast, responsive, to the point, with the depth of knowledge that is required to create a sophisticated search solution in a short period of time.