Bring it Together
Your Servers, Apps, Metrics, Logs, Events, AlertsFree Trial
SPM’s over 40 integrations let you collect metrics and events across your whole stack.
- Get started in minutes with out-of-the-box dashboards, alerts and anomaly detection rules
- Slice and dice by a number of context-aware filters
- Solr & SolrCloud, Elasticsearch, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Cassandra , HBase, MongoDB, Hadoop MapReduce, HDFS, YARN, Docker, CoreOS, Node.js, Express, Apache, Nginx (Plus), HAProxy, Redis, Memcached, MySQL, MariaDB, AWS EC2 ELB EBS RDS…
App & Database Monitoring
SPM goes beyond just collecting metrics and uncovers your slowest database transactions.
- Find the slowest DB operation types
- View full SQL statements
- See end-to-end HTTP transaction context, through multiple tiers, including full call trace
- Get top 10 operations by throughput, latency, or time consumed
- Filter DB operations by type
App, Network & Infra Maps
SPM shows your whole infrastructure and how it’s all connected, in real-time.
- View complete, self-organizing infrastructure & network maps
- See throughput, latency, and error rates for all apps and servers
- Get info about incoming and outgoing connections and receive/transmit rates
- Multiple map views with zooming, panning, and filtering
Tracing & Profiling
SPM instruments your apps and captures your slowest transactions. The on-demand, low impact profiler finds bottlenecks in your code.
- See end to end HTTP transactions
- Full HTTP call stack with all request parameters
- Annotate Java apps for custom method tracing
- Find slowest HTTP transaction components
- Customize tracing pointcuts
- Profile any Java app on demand
- Find methods using most CPU or wall-clock time
- Get top controllers by latency, throughput, or total time used
- See aggregate throughput, latency, errors/exception rates
Alerting & ChatOps
SPM alerting integrates with ChatOps services and WebHooks.
- Alert on any metric and any filter combination
- Alerts based on: thresholds, anomaly detection, app heartbeat
- Get notified via email, ChatOps, or WebHooks
- Built-in integrations for PagerDuty, Slack, HipChat, and Nagios
- Works with VictorOps, OpsGenie, BigPanda, etc.
- Send Alerts events to any WebHook
- Pass custom HTTP parameters and headers to WebHooks
Correlate Metrics & Logs
Metrics are not enough! SPM correlates metrics with application and server logs, events, alerts, anomalies, and more. Really cool and empowering, and a huge time saver!
- Go from metric spikes to your apps’ and servers’ logs in seconds!
- Get to the root cause in minutes!
- Forget about ssh-ing to servers and grepping logs!
- See any metric any logs in a single unified same view!
- Find similar metric patterns with built-in metric correlation
APIs and Custom Metrics
SPM is built by DevOps for DevOps. Custom Metrics? APIs? We’ve got ’em!
- Open HTTP APIs let you ship Custom Metrics from your apps
- Instrument your apps and send custom metrics
- Capture and send app, business, and other events
- Open-source metrics libraries for Java, Ruby, and Node.js
- Use APIs for alert automation and more
Frequently Asked Questions
New users get a 30-days free trial for each new SPM App (existing customers get 2 days free trial for each additional App). At the end of the trial the App is automatically switched to the Basic (free) plan, unless you picked a paid plan. If you pick a paid plan before the trial period ends we will honour the full trial period.
Of course. You can simply stop sending us metrics, or remove our agents, or switch to the Basic plan.
There are no contracts and no commitments. You can cancel any time. Price is metered and based on the running time for the app / server being monitored. Note: Docker monitoring is based on the base price and per-container price. The base price includes monitoring of a Docker host and free monitoring of up to N containers. Per-container price is applied only if you run more than N containers per host. The number of containers per host is averaged for the whole account. The base price and the number of containers included in it depends on the plan. We charge at the end of the month. For longer term and large contracts please get in touch.
Yes. Each SPM App is independent and each SPM can have a different plan. Each user account can have any number of SPM Apps. Moreover, each SPM App can use a different payment method (e.g. a different credit card).
Yes. Everything you see in the Cloud version of SPM is available in an on Premises version, packaged as an RPM, DEB package, or a VM. Please get in touch for more information.
There are no limits to how many servers / instances / nodes / containers you can monitor.
You don’t have to, though you can. SPM gives you instant gratification. SPM knows what type of application you are monitoring and gives you a number of charts out of the box, neatly grouped into multiple reports and filterable by a number of dimensions appropriate for each collected metric (or tags you can specify). As soon as you install the SPM agent SPM will become immediately useful and usable by your whole team.
Yes. You can send your custom metrics, chart them, alert on them, apply on anomaly detection on them, create custom dashboards with them, correlate them with other metrics, events, and logs.
SPM is 4-5 times cheaper than New Relic APM. For more information see SPM vs. New Relic APM. SPM gives you deeper out of the box metric collection and charting, while Datadog requires you to figure out which metrics to collect, how to chart them, build charts and dashboards from scratch, etc. AppDynamics is rich, but very expensive and focused primarily on large enterprises and on premises deployments. Unlike Marvel, SPM is not limited to monitoring Elasticsearch. For more information see SPM vs. Marvel.