6,000+ users have improved their monitoring efforts with Sematext Cloud
Real User Monitoring, Logs, Metrics and Tracing: Finally together!
Try it free for 30 DAYS.
Numerous integrations let you collect metrics and events across your whole stack.
- Get started in minutes with out-of-the-box dashboards, alerts and anomaly detection rules
- Slice and dice by a number of context-aware filters
- Solr & SolrCloud, Elasticsearch, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Cassandra , HBase, MongoDB, Hadoop MapReduce, HDFS, YARN, Docker, CoreOS, Node.js, Express, Apache, Nginx (Plus), HAProxy, Redis, Memcached, MySQL, MariaDB, AWS EC2 ELB EBS RDS…
Get complete insight into current and past utilization of your servers or cloud instances.
- See CPU, memory, disk usage, and IO, network, load, and other metrics
- Filter using tags, hosts, disks, network interfaces and more
- Get the big picture with an aggregate top-like view for all your infrastructure
- Get alerts on any metric and use visualizations for capacity planning
Sematext Docker Agent deploys as a tiny container with a single “docker run…”
- See CPU, memory, disk usage, and IO, network, load, and other metrics
- Correlate container metrics and logs to troubleshoot much, much faster
- Get logs parsed, structured, enriched, masked, and more for flexible reporting and fast search
- Alert on any Docker host or container metric or log patterns
Get a complete overview of your MySQL or MariaDB health whether you are running databases on your own infrastructure or using Amazon RDS.
- Connection details (used connections, aborted clients…)
- Threads, open files, cache usage
- Traffic in and out of DB, queries/questions details, slow queries count, select/sort usage stats
- Tables, handlers metrics
- Detailed MyISAM and InnoDB engines stats
Use Transaction Tracing to go beyond just exposed metrics and uncover your slowest database transactions. If your apps use JDBC to talk to your DB, you can also:
- Find the slow database operations
- View full SQL statements
- See end-to-end HTTP transaction context, through multiple tiers, including full call traces
- Get top 10 operations by throughput, latency, or time consumed
- Filter database operations by type
Sematext Cloud will not only monitor your infrastructure, its metrics, and health but will also build NetMaps – snazzy, real-time map visualizations of your whole network topology with all your monitored servers and containers. It auto-discovers and collects communication data such as receive and transmit rates in aggregate and segmented by port. It enables you to:
- View your complete infrastructure as a dynamic network map
- See real-time receive and transmit rates and ports used for communication
- Explore multiple map views with zooming, panning, and filtering
- Control monitored network interfaces and filter out uninteresting endpoints
JVM Monitoring & Profiling
Monitor & improve JVM performance for Java Applications.
- Profile any Java app on demand
- Find methods using most CPU or wall-clock time
Alerting on Logs
You can alert on metrics, as well as logs.
- It’s simple: run a query, save it as an alert query, optionally select additional notification hooks like Slack, PagerDuty, etc.
- Use query filters to narrow down on logs you really want to alert on – e.g. severity:ERROR
- Use threshold-based alerts if you have specific thresholds and get notified when the number of logs hits the threshold
- Use anomaly detection to be alerted on sudden abnormalities in your logs and let statistical algorithms find abnormal log counts
- Capture all package installation, update, and removal events details - which package, which user, which machine, etc.
- Quickly find all servers or containers with vulnerable packages
- Compare any two machines and find mismatched packages
- Search, filter and group packages, machines, and other inventory data
- Group infrastructure into distinct sets to quickly identify misconfigured infrastructure
- Collect machine metadata such as the number of CPUs, memory or storage capacity, operating system version, and hardware architecture and discovers and collects information about software packages
- Track all hardware configurations (number of CPUs, memory, storage capacity, ...)
Correlate Metrics & Logs
Metrics are not enough! Sematext correlates metrics with application and server logs, events, alerts, anomalies, and more.
- Go from metric spikes to your apps’ and servers’ logs in seconds
- Get to the root cause in minutes
- Forget about ssh-ing to servers and grepping logs
- See any metric any logs in a single unified same view
- Find similar metric patterns with built-in metric correlation
APIs and Custom Metrics
Sematext is built by DevOps for DevOps. Custom Metrics? APIs? We’ve got ’em!
- Open HTTP APIs let you ship Custom Metrics from your apps
- Instrument your apps and send custom metrics
- Capture and send app, business, and other events
- Open-source metrics libraries for Java, Ruby, and Node.js
- Use APIs for alert automation and more
Frequently Asked Questions
New users get a 30-days free trial for each new monitoring integration (existing customers get 2 days free trial for each additional App). At the end of the trial, the App is automatically switched to the Basic (free) plan, unless you picked a paid plan. If you pick a paid plan before the trial period ends we will honor the full trial period.
Of course. You can simply stop sending us metrics, or remove our agents, or switch to the Basic plan.
There are no contracts and no commitments. You can cancel any time. Price is metered and based on the running time for the app/server being monitored. Note: Docker monitoring is based on the base price and per-container price. The base price includes monitoring of a Docker host and free monitoring of up to N containers. Per-container price is applied only if you run more than N containers per host. The number of containers per host is averaged for the whole account. The base price and the number of containers included in it depends on the plan. We charge at the end of the month. For longer term and large contracts please get in touch.
Yes. Each Monitored App is independent and each App can have a different plan. Each user account can have any number of Apps. Moreover, each App can use a different payment method (e.g. a different credit card).
Yes. Everything you see in the Cloud version of Sematext is available in Sematext Enterprise, too.
There are no limits to how many servers / instances / nodes / containers you can monitor.
You don’t have to, though you can. Sematext gives you instant gratification. Sematext knows what type of application you are monitoring and provides you with a number of charts out of the box, neatly grouped into multiple reports and filterable by tags appropriate for each collected metric. Sematext starts providing value as soon as you install the Sematext agent.
Yes. You can send your custom metrics, chart them, alert on them, apply on anomaly detection on them, create custom dashboards with them, correlate them with other metrics, events, and logs.
The crucial difference to understand is the cost. In Sematext each App can have its own plan, and plans can be different, including free. This can dramatically lower your monitoring costs! Sematext Monitoring is 4-5 times cheaper than New Relic APM. For more information see Sematext vs. New Relic APM. Sematext gives you deeper out of the box metric collection and charting, while Datadog requires you to figure out which metrics to collect, how to chart them, build charts and dashboards from scratch, etc. AppDynamics is rich, but very expensive and focused primarily on large enterprises and on-premise deployments. Both Prometheus and Grafana are DIY solutions that require you to provision your own infrastructure, invest time and money into maintenance of both software and hardware.