Bring it Together
Your Servers, Apps, Metrics, Logs, Events, Alerts
IntegrationsSPM’s over 40 integrations let you collect metrics and events across your whole stack.
- Get started in minutes with out-of-the-box dashboards, alerts and anomaly detection rules
- Slice and dice by a number of context-aware filters
- Solr & SolrCloud, Elasticsearch, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, Hadoop MapReduce, HDFS, YARN, Docker, CoreOS, Node.js, Express, Apache, Nginx (Plus), HAProxy, Redis, Memcached, MySQL, MariaDB, AWS EC2 ELB EBS RDS…
App & Database MonitoringSPM goes beyond just collecting metrics and uncovers your slowest database transactions.
- Find the slowest DB operation types
- View full SQL statements
- See end-to-end HTTP transaction context, through multiple tiers, including full call trace
- Get top 10 operations by throughput, latency, or time consumed
- Filter DB operations by type
App, Network & Infra MapsSPM shows your whole infrastructure and how it’s all connected, in real-time.
- View complete, self-organizing infrastructure & network maps
- See throughput, latency, and error rates for all apps and servers
- Get detailed info about incoming and outgoing connections and receive/transmit rates
- Multiple map views with zooming, panning, and filtering
Tracing & ProfilingSPM instruments your apps and captures your slowest transactions. The on-demand, low impact profiler finds bottlenecks in your code.
- See end to end HTTP transactions
- Full HTTP call stack with all request parameters
- Annotate Java apps for custom method tracing
- Find slowest HTTP transaction components
- Customize tracing pointcuts
- Profile any Java app on demand
- Find methods using most CPU or wall-clock time
- Get top controllers by latency, throughput, or total time used
- See aggregate throughput, latency, errors/exception rates
Alerting & ChatOpsSPM alerting integrates with ChatOps services and WebHooks.
- Alert on any metric and any filter combination
- Alerts based on: thresholds, anomaly detection, app heartbeat
- Get notified via email, ChatOps, or WebHooks
- Built-in integrations for PagerDuty, Slack, HipChat, and Nagios
- Works with VictorOps, OpsGenie, BigPanda, etc.
- Send Alerts events to any WebHook
- Pass custom HTTP parameters and headers to WebHooks
Correlate Metrics & LogsMetrics are not enough! SPM correlates metrics with application and server logs, events, alerts, anomalies, and more. Really cool and empowering, and a huge time saver!
- Go from metric spikes to your apps’ and servers’ logs in seconds!
- Get to the root cause in minutes!
- Forget about ssh-ing to servers and grepping logs!
- See any metric any logs in a single unified same view!
- Find similar metric patterns with built-in metric correlation
APIs and Custom MetricsSPM is built by DevOps for DevOps. Custom Metrics? APIs? We’ve got ’em!
- Open HTTP APIs let you ship Custom Metrics from your apps
- Instrument your apps and send custom metrics
- Capture and send app, business, and other events
- Open-source metrics libraries for Java, Ruby, and Node.js
- Use APIs for alert automation and more
I love SPM because it would usually take an endless amount of time to configure generic JMX-ready monitoring tools to render useful and carefully designed dashboards. With SPM it takes 2-3 minutes from scratch until the data is visible.