OpenSearch Training: Online Courses & On-premise Workshops
Learn & Master OpenSearch Faster
Your OpenSearch instructor is an active OpenSearch, Elasticsearch and Solr engineer, developer and consultant with years of experience helping enterprise, medium and small organizations. Radu has worked with clients from many industries, gave talks and wrote blog posts about OpenSearch and other search topics.
He also troubleshoots OpenSearch clusters of all shapes and sizes for Sematext's OpenSearch Production Support customers and contributes to Sematext Cloud: a complete observability tool that can monitor OpenSearch and parse its logs out of the box - amongst many other things.
Which classes are for me?
- If your use-case is about logs and other time-series data, join Intro to get a good foundation and Operations to learn how to optimize your cluster.
- If your use-case is enterprise search, join Intro and Product Searches. If you deal with lots of data, the Operations class will teach you how to tune and troubleshoot your cluster.
- We recommend the Intro class to most OpenSearch users, even those working with it for years. That said, if you know the topics from the outline really well, feel free to join the two advanced classes directly.
- Small, interactive, instructor-led classes
- Learn by doing: lots of hands-on labs
- Lots of materials, commands and slides to use as a reference
- Customized learning experience both core essentials and advanced classes are available
- Flexible - no need to travel
- Get our OpenSearch certification - Certificate of Completion included
8-hour OpenSearch training. Join online classes.
Intro to OpenSearch
In this course you will learn about all core OpenSearch concepts – field types and their options, mappings, analysis, search relevance scoring, aggregations and clustering. We tackle the fundamentals in more depth than the title suggests and we spend a lot of time in labs, fixing issues and getting to know the APIs.
If you are looking to administer, tune and scale clusters, in this class you will learn everything you need to handle your OpenSearch clusters in production – from use-case-specific cluster and index designs to tuning queries, settings, commits, thread pools and all the way to JVM, OS and hardware specifics.
OpenSearch for Product Searches
This class focuses on E-commerce and other enterprise search use-cases, where search relevance is important: OpenSearch shouldn’t return “phone accessories” on a query for “phone”. Other challenges are dealt with as well, for example relational data, autocomplete or did-you-mean.