Sematext Logs: Hassle-Free
Log Management & Analytics
Multi-User, Alerting on Logs & Metrics,
Start 30 day free trial
Managed ELK Stack: in the Cloud or On-Premise.
ELK as a Service
Fully managed Elasticsearch in the Cloud. Elasticsearch API and fully integrated Kibana give you the power of the ELK stack while relieving you of Elasticsearch management hassle, infrastructure, and high expert staff costs.
- Ship data with your favorite data shipper – Logstash, Filebeat, rsyslog, Logagent, and many others
- Correlate logs with infrastructure and application metrics
- Extract business KPIs from logs to build rich reports and dashboards
- Automatic field and type detection with smart mappings and templates
Alerting on Logs
You can alert on metrics, as well as logs.
- It’s simple: run a query, save it as alert query, optionally select additional notification hooks like Slack, PagerDuty, etc.
- Use query filters to narrow down on logs you really want to alert on – e.g. severity:ERROR
- Use threshold-based alerts if you have specific thresholds and know what is alarming. Get notified when the number of logs hits the threshold.
- Built-in integrations for email, PagerDuty, Slack, HipChat, BigPanda, OpsGenie, VictorOps, WebHooks, Nagios, Zapier, etc.
Sematext Logs runs on Amazon AWS, whose infrastructure follows IT security best practices and adheres to a number of compliance standards such as SOC 1/SSAE, SOC 2, SOC 3,16/ISAE 3402 (formerly SAS 70 Type II), FISMA, DIACAP, FedRAMP, and HIPAA.
- Ship your logs via encrypted channels: TLS/SSL, or HTTPS
- Control who can access your logs via an app token and API key
- Restrict access to select members of your team
- Revoke and change user privileges on demand
Multi-user RBAC (Role Based Access Control)
Sematext Logs lets you control who can access which log.
- All your logs accessible in one place. Team support.
- Unlimited number of users with Owner, Admin, and User roles
- Invite teammates to individual Sematext Logs apps or whole account
- Revoke privileges and change roles at any time
Powerful Searching and Filtering
If you know how to search with Google, you’ll know how to search your logs in Sematext Cloud.
- Use AND, OR, NOT operators – e.g. (error OR warn) NOT exception
- Group your AND, OR, NOT clauses – e.g. message:(exception OR error OR timeout) AND severity:(error OR warn)
- Don’t like Booleans? Use + and – to include and exclude – e.g. +message:error -message:timeout -host:db1.example.com)
- Use explicitly field references – e.g. message:timeout
- Need a phrase search? Use quotation marks – e.g. message:”fatal error”
Syslog comes in many flavors of message formats, protocols and daemons.
- There are copy-pastable configurations for all major syslog daemons: traditional syslogd, rsyslog, syslog-ng and nxlog
- Send logs in traditional RFC-3164 message format or the newer RFC-5424
- Send syslog events as JSON over socket
- Traditional UDP syslog will work, of course, but you can also send data over TCP for more reliability. Even more reliability is provided by RELP. If you need encryption, you can use TLS syslog.
- Use anomaly detection to be alerted on sudden abnormalities in your logs and let statistical algorithms find abnormal log counts.
Log Shipping / Integrations
Use any of the number of compatible log shippers, logging libraries, platforms, and frameworks.
- Works with all standard logging facilities and agents (syslog, Logstash, Fluentd, Flume, nxlog, Filebeat…)
- Ship logs via syslog (rsyslog, syslog-ng, syslogd…)
- Ship logs from apps via Log4j, Logback, Log4j 2, Log4net, Winston – Sematext Logs, Python SyslogHandler…
- Ship with anything that can talk to Elasticsearch or syslog
Live Tail provides a real-time view of your logs as they stream into Sematext Cloud. Say you deployed new code. With Live Tail you will immediately see new errors as they are logged in real-time.
- It’s like “tail -f” on all your logs in a single place. No, not your terminal!
- Combine Live Tail with queries and filters to narrow the live log stream to only logs of interest. Yes, like “tail -f | grep”
- Automatically tags logs that match any of your Saved Queries or Alert Queries
- Really handy when deploying – everyone on the team sees new errors right away and can quickly go in and fix them
Saved Searches & Log Taggings
Save any query and save yourself some (re)typing. Re-run Recent and Saved Searches without re-typing.
- Store any query as Saved Search or Alert Query
- See log charts for Saved Searches at a glance, without running them
- Run Live Tail for any Saved Searches
- Auto-complete Recent and Saved Searches
- Tag Saved Searches with custom labels and colors
6,000+ companies have used Sematext Cloud
Sematext helps smart devops teams move faster. Try it free now.
“Using Sematext services, we could leverage a hosted platform that captured, stored, and provided search capabilities. It enabled us to have access to logs from all of our processes across multiple datacenters using a single interface.
Moreover, we were attracted to the ability to set alerts based on events in our logs and to perform detail root cause analysis, ramping up the volume of logs which gave us flexibility when we rolled out new processes. We could get debug level logs (high volume) at the nascent stage and cut down to just errors and warnings in the mature stage of a process in production.”