Trusted by the world’s best companies
Hosted ELK as a Service
More than log management. A fully managed ELK in the Cloud without Elasticsearch and infrastructure management, or paying expensive consultants. Get all the benefits of an Elasticsearch API and Kibana without the overhead of managing it yourself.
- Ship data with your favorite log shipper – Logstash, Filebeat, rsyslog, Logagent, and many others
- Correlate logs with infrastructure and application metrics - log analysis, performance monitoring and real user monitoring under one roof
- Extract business KPIs from logs to build rich reports and dashboards
- Automatic field and type detection with smart mappings and templates
Alerting on Logs
Troubleshooting is made easy with real-time alerting on both metrics and logs. Sematext analyzes your logs for optimal health while detecting anomalies, so you don’t have to.
- Aggregate, alert and analyze log data from any source, in real-time, to ensure end-to-end visibility for DevOps, SysAdmins, IT Admins
- Run a query. Save it as an alert Select additional notification hooks like Slack, PagerDuty, etc.
- Use query filters to narrow down on logs you want to alert on – e.g. severity:ERROR
- Use threshold-based alerts if you have specific thresholds. Get notified when the number of logs hits the threshold.
- Built-in integrations for email, PagerDuty, Slack, HipChat, BigPanda, OpsGenie, VictorOps, WebHooks, Nagios, Zapier, etc.
Ensure security and compliance of your cloud-native applications. Sematext Logs runs on AWS, whose infrastructure follows IT security best practices and adheres to a number of compliance standards such as SOC 1/SSAE, SOC 2, SOC 3,16/ISAE 3402 (formerly SAS 70 Type II), FISMA, DIACAP, FedRAMP, and HIPAA.
- Ship your logs via encrypted TLS/SSL channels via HTTPS
- Control who can access your logs via an App token and API key
- Restrict access to select members of your team
- Revoke and change user privileges on demand
Live Tail provides a real-time view of your logs as they stream into Sematext Cloud from multiple data sources. Say you deployed new code. With Live Tail you will immediately see new errors as they are logged in real-time.
- It’s like “tail -f” on all your logs in a single place. No, not your terminal!
- Combine Live Tail with queries and filters to narrow the live log stream to only logs of interest. Yes, like “tail -f | grep”
- Automatically tags logs that match any of your Saved Queries or Alert Queries
- Really handy when deploying – everyone on the team sees new errors right away and can quickly go in and fix them
Multi-user RBAC (Role Based Access Control)
Control who can access which log with a logging service.
- All your logs accessible in one place. Team support.
- Unlimited number of users with Owner, Admin, and User roles
- Invite teammates to individual Sematext Logs apps or the whole account
- Revoke privileges and change roles at any time
Log Shipping / Integrations
Use any of the compatible log shippers, logging libraries, platforms, and frameworks to make the most out of your logs.
- Works with all standard logging facilities and agents (Syslog, Logstash, Fluentd, Flume, Logagent, nxlog, Filebeat...)
- Ship logs via Syslog (rsyslog, syslog-ng, syslogd...)
- Ship logs from apps via Log4j, Logback, Log4j 2, Log4net, Winston, Python SyslogHandler...
- Ship with anything that can talk to Elasticsearch or Syslog
Saved Searches & Log Taggings
Save any query and save yourself some (re)typing. Re-run Recent and Saved Searches without re-typing.
- Store any query as Saved Search or Alert Query
- See log charts for Saved Searches at a glance, without running them
- Run Live Tail for any Saved Searches
- Auto-complete Recent and Saved Searches
- Tag Saved Searches with custom labels and colors
Powerful Searching and Filtering
Query, filter, and analyze log data with fast and intuitive search to detect and fix issues before they impact your business.
- Log management made easy with fast, powerful searching and filtering over massive amounts of log data
- Use AND, OR, NOT operators – e.g. (error OR warn) NOT exception
- Group your AND, OR, NOT clauses – e.g. message:(exception OR error OR timeout) AND severity:(error OR warn)
- Don’t like Booleans? Use + and – to include and exclude – e.g. +message:error -message:timeout -host:db1.example.com)
- Use explicitly field references – e.g. message:timeout
- Need a phrase search? Use quotation marks – e.g. message:”fatal error”
Syslog comes in many flavors of message formats, protocols and daemons.
- There are copy-pastable configurations for all major syslog daemons: traditional syslogd, rsyslog, syslog-ng and nxlog
- Send logs in traditional RFC-3164 message format or the newer RFC-5424
- Send syslog events as JSON over socket
- Traditional UDP syslog will work, of course, but you can also send data over TCP for more reliability. Even more reliability is provided by RELP. If you need encryption, you can use TLS syslog.
- Use anomaly detection to be alerted on sudden abnormalities in your logs and let statistical algorithms find abnormal log counts.
Combine the Power of Metrics, Logs, and Real User Monitoring Under One Roof
Stop monitoring software, start monitoring real customer satisfaction. Troubleshoot performance issues proactively and detect potential business impact and opportunities with real-time data.
- End-user experience monitoring integrated with Logs, Application Performance Monitoring (APM), and Infrastructure Monitoring tools
- Go from metric spikes to your apps’ and servers’ logs in seconds
- See any performance metrics and logs in a single unified view
- Find similar metric patterns with built-in metric correlation