Log Management & Analytics
Your Managed ELK Stack in the Cloud or On PremisesFree Trial
ELK as a Service
With Elasticsearch API and integrated Kibana, Logsene is the first true Hosted ELK Stack. Can’t send logs to the Cloud? Ask us about Logsene On Premises.
- All your logs accessible in one place. Team support.
- Hassle-free managed ELK you don’t need to maintain and scale
- Use built-in Kibana or use your own Kibana or Grafana with Logsene
- Inspect your logs via UI or Elasticsearch API
- Correlate logs with performance metrics via SPM
- Nothing to install – use any log shipper you want
- Need a cheaper-than-Splunk On Premises solution? Get Logsene On Premises!
Alerting & ChatOps
Logsene alerting integrates with ChatOps services and WebHooks.
- Convert any query to an Alert
- Get notified via email, ChatOps, or WebHooks
- Built-in integrations for PagerDuty, Slack, HipChat, and Nagios
- Works with VictorOps, OpsGenie, BigPanda, etc.
- Send Alerts events to any WebHook
- Pass custom HTTP parameters and headers to WebHooks
Saved Searches & Log Taggings
Save any query and save yourself some (re)typing. Re-run Recent and Saved Searches without re-typing.
- Store any query as Saved Search or Alert Query
- See log charts for Saved Searches at a glance, without running them
- Run Live Tail for any Saved Searches
- Auto-complete Recent and Saved Searches
- Tag Saved Searches with custom labels and colors
Moreover, we were attracted to the ability to set alerts based on events in our logs and to perform detail root cause analysis, ramping up the volume of logs which gave us flexibility when we rolled out new processes. We could get debug level logs (high volume) at the nascent stage and cut down to just errors and warnings in the mature stage of a process in production.”
Log Shipping / Integrations
Use any of the number of compatiable log shippers, logging libraries, platforms, and frameworks.
- Works with all standard logging facilities and agents (syslog, Logstash, Fluentd, Flume, nxlog, Filebeat…)
- Ship logs via syslog (rsyslog, syslog-ng, syslogd…)
- Ship logs from apps via Log4j, Logback, Log4j 2, Log4net, winston-logsene, Python SyslogHandler…
- Ship with anything that can talk to Elasticsearch or syslog
Multi-user RBAC (Role Based Access Control)
Logsene lets you control who can access which log.
- All your logs accessible in one place. Team support.
- Unlimited number of users with Owner, Admin, and User roles
- Invite teammates to individual Logsene apps or whole account
- Revoke privileges and change roles at any time
Logsene runs on Amazon AWS, whose infrastructure follows IT security best practices and adheres to a number of compliance standards such as SOC 1/SSAE, SOC 2, SOC 3,16/ISAE 3402 (formerly SAS 70 Type II), FISMA, DIACAP, FedRAMP, and HIPAA.
- Ship your logs via encrypted channels: TLS/SSL, or HTTPS
- Control who can access your logs via an app token and API key
- Restrict access to select members of your team
- Revoke and change user privileges on demand
Frequently Asked Questions
New users get a 30-days free trial for each new Logsene App (existing customers get 2 days free trial for each additional App). At the end of the trial the App is automatically switched to the Basic (free) plan, unless you picked a paid plan. If you pick a paid plan before the trial period ends we will honour the full trial period.
Of course. You can simply stop sending us your logs or switch to the Basic plan.
There are no contracts and no commitments. You can cancel any time. Price is metered and based on 3 factors: plan, daily volume, and data retention. You pick a plan based on which features you want. You pick volume based on the volume of logs you produce daily. The higher volume you pick the lower the cost per GB. You pick data retention depending on how long you need to keep your data. We charge at the end of the month. For longer term and large contracts please get in touch.
Yes. Each Logsene App is independent and each Logsene can have a different plan. Each user account can have any number of Logsene Apps. Moreover, each Logsene App can use a different payment method (e.g. a different credit card).
Yes. Everything you see in the Cloud version of Logsene is available in an on Premises version, packaged as an RPM, DEB package, or a VM. Please get in touch for more information.
Logsene displays your daily log volume. You can use that information to determine which plan best fits your needs.
We keep accepting your logs. We keep track of the daily volume and charge based on the actual volume of data sent to us beyond the volume specified. Note that the bigger volume you specify in your plan the lower the price per GB. Thus, if you find that you often go over the volume you’ve specified you may pay less if you select a higher volume.
It can take as little as a few minutes, but it depends on how fast you are at configuring log shipping. When you create a Logsene App we provide all needed configs for an array of log shipping tools.
Logsene is much more feature rich than ELK Stack. ELK doesn’t have alerting. It doesn’t have security. It doesn’t have multi-user support. It doesn’t have Log Tagging. It doesn’t have Live Tail. It doesn’t integrate with a performance monitoring system like Logsene integrates with SPM. ELK requires infrastructure. It requires maintenance and tuning. It requires time. Running ELK requires one to become at least somewhat knowledgeable with scaling Elasticsearch and to become an expert in it when the data volume grows. All of this adds up and ends up costing more time, money, and resources than using Logsene.