We are looking for a talented, self-starting Backend Engineers to join Sematext Cloud engineering team. Among other things, in this position you will design and develop services in Go, expose their API endpoints to our agents, frontend, and other external systems and applications. You will work on things like:
- Ingestion pipelines involving Kafka produces, consumers, and brokers processing large volume, high velocity observability data
- Elasticsearch cluster design and configuration, index mapping, building and optimizing queries, etc.
- ClickHouse database schema design and optimizations for storing and querying large quantities of data
- Deployment of services to Kubernetes clusters and their monitoring, MySQL, AWS, etc.
- Penchant for elegant solutions and attention to detail
- Curiosity and passion for learning
- Passion to innovate, design, and implement services and storage capable of handling massive quantities of data
- Excellent team player with ability to work in an agile, fast-paced, distributed startup
- Very communicative, strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, proactive, doesn't require nagging and micromanagement; positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team
- Strong dislike of corporate BS, politics, overengineered processes, etc.
- Strong programming skills
- Experience with some of the backend technologies we use
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
This is a remote job position.
A bit about how we work
- We work in small 3-4 people teams
- We have 2-week sprints, which we plan every other Monday
- We do product demos every Friday
- We automate everything that can be automated - we have an automated test env, CI/CD pipeline, Kubernetes, etc.
- We use Slack and have an async version of daily standup
- We use JIRA, make use of story points, and we pay attention to our development velocity
- We use Figma and Figjam for UX designs
- We are a fully distributed company
- We organize whole-company gatherings every 6-12 months. Our recent such gathering were in Turkey, Croatia on three different occasions, Spain, and Poland.