DevOps Engineer Apply Now
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to come and grow with us. We are a fully distributed team, have been around for ~10 years, had metrics+logs+traces as part of Sematext Cloud before they were known as three pillars of observability, and are looking for a teammate interested in taking our infrastructure, security, monitoring to the next level.
- Own, but collaborate with the rest of engineering around infrastructure provisioning, scaling, updates and optimizations
- Assist with CI/CD optimizations and improvements
- Monitor and optimize infrastructure size, utilization, performance, and costs
- Troubleshoot infrastructure issues
- Ensure optimal security posture by following best practices, and establishing security-minded processes
- Spearhead the security certification processes: SOC-2, HIPAA, etc.
- Eat our own dogfood and ensure all our infrastructure is properly monitored
- Provide feedback to engineering and product based on dogfooding
- Occasionally assist customers with Sematext Enterprise deployment/troubleshooting
Mindset and Requirements
- Self starter, focused, organized, and eager to learn
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Communicative, engaged, fun, relaxed, collaboration-minded personality
- Experience with Kubernetes and AWS
- Ability to work remotely as a part of a 100% distributed team
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kafka, ClickHouse, ZooKeeper, rsyslog, DockerHub
- Experience working as a part of a small and agile team
A bit about our infra: We run Sematext Cloud in AWS US and AWS Europe, but we use a minimal number of AWS-provided services. Almost all services are containerized and run in Kubernetes. Jenkins is used for builds and we have automated builds, test/PR environments, and deployments that happen many times per day. We make use of Ansible and Terraform. Everything is redundant and there are not SPOFs.
This position is open to candidates in Europe, South America and Asia, although truly exceptional individuals from other corners of the planet will be considered, too.