About Sematext and this opportunity
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to come and grow as part of our fully distributed, 100% remote team. We were We have been around for 10+ years and were the first company to offer metrics+logs+traces together, at least 5 years before they were known as three pillars of observability. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer interested in taking our all aspects of DevOps and DevSecOps – infrastructure automation, security, monitoring, etc. to the next level.
About our infra
We run Sematext Cloud in AWS US and AWS Europe, relying on a small number of AWS managed services and running a number of them ourelves. Almost all services are containerized and run in Kubernetes. Jenkins is used for CI. We have test/PR environments, and ongoing deployments to production. We make use of Ansible and Terraform. Everything is redundant and there are not SPOFs. Some of the tech we use: Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, ClickHouse, Kafka, ZooKeeper, rsyslog, Jenkins, microservices written in Go, Kotlin, and Java, agents written in Go, Rust, and Java.
- Penchant for elegant solutions and attention to detail
- Curiosity and passion for learning
- Passion to innovate, design, and implement services and storage capable of handling massive quantities of data
- Excellent team player with ability to work in an agile, fast-paced, distributed startup
- Very communicative, strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, proactive, doesn't require nagging and micromanagement; positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team
- Strong dislike of corporate BS, politics, overengineered processes, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes and AWS
- Experience with Terraform and Ansble
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kafka, ClickHouse, ZooKeeper, rsyslog, DockerHub is a plus
- Own, but collaborate with the rest of engineering around infrastructure provisioning, scaling, updates and optimizations
- Assist with CI/CD optimizations and improvements
- Monitor and optimize infrastructure size, utilization, performance, and costs
- Troubleshoot infrastructure issues
- Ensure optimal security posture by following best practices, and establishing security-minded processes
- Spearhead the security certification processes: SOC-2, HIPAA, etc.
- Eat our own dogfood and ensure all our infrastructure is properly monitored
- Provide feedback to engineering and product teams based on dogfooding
This position is open to candidates in Europe, South America and Asia, although truly exceptional individuals from other corners of the planet will be considered, too.