DevOps Engineer Apply Now
About Sematext and this opportunity
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to come and grow as part of our fully distributed, 100% remote team. We have been around for ~10 years and were the first company to offer metrics+logs+traces together, several years before they were known as three pillars of observability. We are looking for a teammate interested in taking our all aspects of DevOps and DevSecOps – infrastructure automation, security, monitoring, etc. to the next level
About our infra
We run Sematext Cloud in AWS US and AWS Europe, but we use a minimal number of AWS-provided services. Almost all services are containerized and run in Kubernetes. Jenkins is used for builds and we have automated builds, test/PR environments, and deployments that happen many times per day. We make use of Ansible and Terraform. Everything is redundant and there are not SPOFs. Some of the tech we use: Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, ClickHouse, Kafka, ZooKeeper, rsyslog, Jenkins, microservices written in Go, Kotlin, and Java, agents written in Go, Rust, and Java.
- Own, but collaborate with the rest of engineering around infrastructure provisioning, scaling, updates and optimizations
- Assist with CI/CD optimizations and improvements
- Monitor and optimize infrastructure size, utilization, performance, and costs
- Troubleshoot infrastructure issues
- Ensure optimal security posture by following best practices, and establishing security-minded processes
- Spearhead the security certification processes: SOC-2, HIPAA, etc.
- Eat our own dogfood and ensure all our infrastructure is properly monitored
- Provide feedback to engineering and product teams based on dogfooding
Mindset and Requirements
- Self starter, focused, organized, and eager to learn
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Communicative, engaged, fun, relaxed, collaboration-minded personality
- Experience with Kubernetes and AWS
- Ability to work remotely as a part of a 100% distributed team
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kafka, ClickHouse, ZooKeeper, rsyslog, DockerHub
- Experience working as a part of a small and agile team
This position is open to candidates in Europe, South America and Asia, although truly exceptional individuals from other corners of the planet will be considered, too.