We are looking for a talented, self-starting backend engineer to join our Sematext Cloud team.
In this position you will develop microservices in Go and deployed in Kubernetes, exposing API endpoints to our agents,
frontend, and other external systems and applications.
In the backend you will work with Kafka, Elasticsearch, MySQL, ClickHouse, all running on our EC2 instances in AWS.
This position will let you work with all our products, large volumes of streaming data, contribute to
our open-source projects, and interact with users and customers using our products. We don’t expect
you to know everything coming in – we’ll pair you with peers who will help you improve your skills and
close any experience gaps.
- Curiosity and passion for learning
- Self-starter and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience coding in Go, Kotlin, Java, or Node.js
- Experience with some of the backend technologies we use
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
This position is open to candidates in North or South America or Europe, although truly exceptional
individuals from other corners of the planet will be considered, too.
A bit about how we work
- We work in small 3-4 people teams
- We have 2-week sprints, which we plan every other Monday
- We do product demos on Fridays
- We automate everything that can be automated – we have an automated test env, CI/CD pipeline, Kubernetes, etc.
- We use Slack and have an async version of daily standup
- We use JIRA, make use of story points, and we pay attention to our development velocity
- We use Figma and Figjam for UX designs
- We are a fully distributed company
- We organize whole-company gatherings every 6-12 months. Our recent such gathering were in Turkey, Croatia on three different occasions, Spain, and Poland.