- Penchant for elegant solutions and attention to detail
- Curiosity and passion for learning
- Passion to innovate, design, and implement services and storage capable of handling massive quantities of data
- Excellent team player with ability to work in an agile, fast-paced, distributed startup
- Very communicative, strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter, proactive, doesn't require nagging and micromanagement; positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team
- Strong dislike of corporate BS, politics, overengineered processes, etc.
- Passion to innovate and build top-notch frontend and visualization experience
- Desire to work with data-rich applications that surface insight through visualizations and other forms of data exploration and analysis
- Ability to think like a user and always keep user experience in mind
- Experience with a modern frontend JS framework (we use ReactJS & Redux)
- Experience writing automated tests
- Strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
This position is open to candidates in North or South America or Europe, although truly exceptional individuals from other corners of the planet will be considered, too.
A bit about how we work
- We work in small 3-4 people teams
- We have 2-week sprints, which we plan every other Monday
- We do product demos every Friday
- We automate everything that can be automated - we have an automated test env, CI/CD pipeline, Kubernetes, etc.
- We use Slack and have an async version of daily standup
- We use JIRA, make use of story points, and we pay attention to our development velocity
- We use Figma and Figjam for UX designs
- We are a fully distributed company
- We organize whole-company gatherings every 6-12 months. Our recent such gathering were in Turkey, Croatia on three different occasions, Spain, and Poland.