We are looking for a talented, self-starting full-stack developer to join our Sematext Cloud development team. On the frontend we use React, Redux, ChartJS, etc. On the backend we use Elasticsearch, Kafka, ClickHouse, Akka, Project Reactor, custom apps written in Go, Kotlin, Node.js, and Java (legacy at this point - we've switched to use Kotlin for the JVM). For our monitoring agents we use eBPF, Go, Rust, and Java, and we use a log shipper written in Rust. All our infrastructure is in AWS. We use Terraform and Ansible for automation and Jenkins for CI. All of our applications run in Docker containers orchestrated using Kubernetes. We try to automate everything we can. We use Github workflow and Kanban boards in JIRA. Most developers use Docker running on Linux or OSX. See further below about how we work.
This position will let you work with all our products, large volumes of streaming data, contribute to our open-source projects, and interact with users and customers using our products. We don’t expect you to know everything coming in – we’ll pair you with peers who will help you improve your skills and close any experience gaps.
- Curiosity and passion for learning
- Self-starter and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience coding in Go or Kotlin or Java or Node.js
- Experience with some of the frontend and backend technologies we use
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes a plus
- Experience with React a plus
- Experience with Monitoring or Log Management a plus
This position is open to candidates in North or South America or Europe, although truly exceptional individuals from other corners of the planet will be considered, too.
A bit about how we work
- We work in small 3-4 people teams
- We have 2-week sprints, which we plan every other Monday
- We do demos on Fridays
- We automate everything that can be automated - we have an automated test env, CI/CD pipeline, Kubernetes, etc.
- We use Slack and have an async version of daily standup
- We use JIRA, make use of story points, and we pay attention to our development velocity
- We use Figma for UX designs
- We are a fully distributed company
- We meet at conferences and annual whole-company gatherings. Our last such gathering was in Zagreb, Croatia, and before that we met in Barcelona, Spain, before that in Split, Croatia, etc.