Professional Services Lead Apply Now
We are hiring a technical, hands-on Professional Services Lead to join, lead, and grow the Professional Services side of Sematext. This is a role for a Professional Services Lead, who could grow into the Head role. We’re looking for somebody comfortable speaking with (potential) customers, understanding their needs and mapping them to the concrete consulting or development tasks, organizing and leading the actual engagement, while being hands on him/herself and growing the team, etc.
- Experience working with Solr or Elasticsearch
- Plan and coordinate customer engagements from business and technical perspective
- Identify customer pain points, their needs, and success criteria at the onset of each engagement
- Provide expert-level consulting and support services and strive to be a trustworthy advisor to a wide range of customers
- Resolve complex search issues involving Solr or Elasticsearch
- Identify opportunities to provide customers with additional value through our products or services
- Communicate high-value use cases and customer feedback to our Product teams
- Participate in open source community by contributing bug fixes, improvements, answering questions, etc.
- BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- 2 or more years of IT Consulting and/or Professional Services experience required
- Exposure to other related open source projects (Hadoop, Nutch, Kafka, Storm, Mahout, etc.) a plus
- Experience with other commercial and open source search technologies a plus
- Enterprise Search, eCommerce, and/or Business Intelligence experience a plus
- Experience working in a startup a plus
This position is open to candidates in North or South America or Europe.