Search Consulting and Search Solutions Architect Apply Now
Search is our specialty, our bread and butter Nutella. We’ve been working with Lucene, Solr, and Elasticsearch since their beginnings – 2000, 2006, and 2010, roughly. Our team members have written books covering all three of them, and have given numerous talks about search and related topics.
We are always looking to add more search experts to our team of search consultants. We tend to work remotely with customers around the world, but there is also an opportunity to travel worldwide for those who want to travel.
People who will especially enjoy this position are those who like interacting with customers (email, Skype, Hangouts, phone), understanding customers’ problems and requirements, those who like designing/architecting and developing scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant systems for processing large volumes of data and queries.
This position is also great for those who are looking for an opportunity to take their experience with search to a higher level and become Search Tech Leads or Development Managers, to build, run, and grow the core team of in-house as well as external search engineers.
Put more formally, a person in this role will:
- Provide expert-level Elasticsearch or Solr consulting, development, and support services to a wide range of our customers
- Observe and identify customer pain points, priorities, requirements, and success criteria
- Resolve non-trivial search issues involving Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch and related technologies
- Identify opportunities to help customers with additional Sematext products and/or services
- Participate in the open source community through blogging, answering questions on mailing lists, providing fixes and improvements when possible, etc.
- Contribute to development of Sematext projects and products
This position is open to candidates in North or South America or Europe, although truly exceptional individuals from other corners of the planet will be considered, too.