Master Elasticsearch Faster
- 2 hours online training
- A digital copy of the training material
- Docker Compose files, configs, scripts, etc.
- Certificate of Completion
Next Class: May 6 See Upcoming Classes
Full day classes available upon request
Looking for a more general and extended knowledge-based Elasticsearch training?
Who should attend?
This Elasticsearch online course is designed for anyone who:
- Wants to understand how Elasticsearch works
- Is getting started with setting up Elasticsearch for either search or log aggregation
What attendees say
Sematext was an ideal training partner for Parse.ly. We had just recently adopted Elasticsearch on a new project, and they gave us two days of solid training that was tailored to our team’s needs. The material was built atop strong foundations and moved quickly into advanced areas around querying, Lucene internals, and cluster performance. It was clear that it was all informed by real-world experience operating these systems at scale.
Basic flow of data in Elasticsearch
- What is Elasticsearch? and typical use-cases. Strengths and weaknesses
- How to install Elasticsearch and what are the main configuration files
- Indexing a document: what is an index, type and ID
- Field types in your mapping: text, keyword, numeric and geo
- What’s the difference between a stored and and indexed field. What is _source?
- How text analysis influences what matches and what doesn’t
- Getting a document by ID. Why is it so expensive?
- Anatomy of a search
- Adding aggregations to a search
- Doc values and why you need to store the same data a third time (in addition to indexed fields and _source)
- How updates work and why you should avoid them if possible
- Why deletes are soft and when data is really expunged
- CRUD operations
- Running a full-text search
- Running aggregations on query results
Working with an Elasticsearch cluster
- What are primary and replica shards. How failover works
- How searches are distributed to multiple shards (of one or multiple indices)
- Configuring unicast to tell nodes how to join a cluster
- Using Cat APIs to get the current state of the cluster
- Creating indices with different numbers of shards
- Checking the health of the overall cluster and specific indices
- Adding new nodes to the cluster
- What is Elasticsearch?
- Elasticsearch Basic Concepts
- Elasticsearch Strengths and Weaknesses
- Elasticsearch Installation
- Elasticsearch CRUD operations
- How to Run Searches and Aggregations
- Field Types in the Mapping
- Text Analysis
- Clustering, Failover, Distributed Search
Pick from a wide range of short (2h), use case focused classes to match your exact needs
|May 6, 2019||Elasticsearch Fundamentals||$200 / person Only $180 / person before 6th Apr||Register Now|
|Sept 16, 2019||Elasticsearch Fundamentals||$200 / person Only $180 / person before 20 July||Register Now|
|Dec 2, 2019||Elasticsearch Fundamentals||$200 / person Only $180 / person before 30 Sept||Register Now|