Elasticsearch Scaling Course
Learn How to Scale Elasticsearch
Our Elasticsearch training classes have a 4.67/5 rating based on 15 reviews
- 2-hour online training
- A digital copy of the training material
- Docker Compose files, configs, scripts, etc.
- Certificate of Completion
Next Class: Sept 19 See Upcoming Classes
Full day classes available upon request
Looking for a more general and extended knowledge-based Elasticsearch training?
Who should attend?
This Elasticsearch online course is designed for anyone who:
- Is already using Elasticsearch or has a basic understanding of it
- Wants to understand how to scale the cluster in an efficient and fault-tolerant way.
What attendees say
Sematext was an ideal training partner for Parse.ly. We had just recently adopted Elasticsearch on a new project, and they gave us two days of solid training that was tailored to our team’s needs. The material was built atop strong foundations and moved quickly into advanced areas around querying, Lucene internals, and cluster performance. It was clear that it was all informed by real-world experience operating these systems at scale.
Elasticsearch scaling basics
- How nodes join a cluster: choosing unicast settings
- Choosing the right number of shards and replicas for your use-case
- How shards get rebalanced when nodes are added and removed
- Node roles: when to have a dedicated master, ingest and client nodes
- How to configure the minimum number of master nodes and why
- Adding nodes to the cluster
- Changing the number of shards and replicas
- Deploy a cluster with a dedicated master, data and client nodes
Designing Elasticsearch for scale
- When to use time-based indices and why
- When size-based indices are helpful, and which size thresholds are good
- APIs making rolled indices easier: aliases, rollover
- Different nodes/hardware for different workloads: multi-tiered cluster architecture
- When one cluster just can’t cut it: cross-cluster search
- High availability across multiple racks, availability zones, etc
- Deploy a tiered cluster
- Deploy a cluster across multiple availability entities
- Set up and run cross-cluster search
- Elasticsearch node roles
- When to add more shards, when to add more replicas
- Time- and size-based indices
- Multi-tiered Elasticsearch clusters
- High-availability Elasticsearch clusters
- Cross-cluster search