Elasticsearch Tuning 101 Course
Tune Your Elasticsearch Cluster Performance
Our Elasticsearch training classes have a 4.67/5 rating based on 15 reviews
- 2-hour online training
- A digital copy of the training material
- Docker Compose files, configs, scripts, etc.
- Certificate of Completion
Next Class: Sept 23 See Upcoming Classes
Full day classes available upon request
Looking for a more general and extended knowledge-based Elasticsearch training?
Who should attend?
This Elasticsearch online course is designed for anyone who:
- Has a good understanding of Elasticsearch core concepts (indices, shards, replicas, nodes)
- Wants to understand the most important knobs for tuning the performance of their cluster.
What attendees say
Sematext was an ideal training partner for Parse.ly. We had just recently adopted Elasticsearch on a new project, and they gave us two days of solid training that was tailored to our team’s needs. The material was built atop strong foundations and moved quickly into advanced areas around querying, Lucene internals, and cluster performance. It was clear that it was all informed by real-world experience operating these systems at scale.
Elasticsearch Performance Tuning 101
- How does the transaction log work and what are the reliability vs performance trade-offs
- Real-time or fast? Adjusting the index buffer and refresh interval
- Many small tenants? Make queries N times faster with custom routing
- How and when to profile queries
- How much memory is needed and how to divide it between heap and OS caches
- When to adjust different kinds of caches and how
- Saving heap by identifying unused memory structures
- Index and search documents using routing
- Monitor and adjust the heap size to fit your needs
- Adjust refresh interval and flush thresholds
- Adjust cache sizes and mappings to fit your needs
- Trade-offs when tuning Elasticsearch for indexing speed
- Custom routing
- Query profiling
- Elasticsearch cache management
- Saving resources of unused Lucene data structures