Elasticsearch Training: Online Courses & On-premise Workshops
Learn & Master Elasticsearch Faster
Our Elasticsearch training classes have a 4.74/5 rating based on 20 reviews
- Improved search relevancy using Learning to Rank
- Optimized multiple petabyte-scale clusters. Some up to 400 nodes.
- Designed Elasticsearch index and cluster architecture for dozens of clients
- Optimized log ingestion pipelines to parse and enrich 100K+ events/second
- Helped clients and DevOps teams reduce production Elasticsearch and ingestion pipeline costs by as much as 10x
A word from Radu Gheorghe
“Attendees come in highly motivated, making the class feel more “alive” than I expected. They constantly look for take-aways to improve their setup, from tweaking a boost to changing the sharding strategy. Their use-cases are very diverse, too, so we end up covering a lot of material.”
Why attend our online courses?
- Small, interactive, instructor-led classes
- Lots of hands-on exercises and training materials
- Customized learning experience both core essentials and advanced classes are available
- Useful for any Elasticsearch users, including AWS Elasticsearch and Elastic Cloud
- More flexible – no need to travel
- Get our Elasticsearch certification – Certificate of Completion included
Pick from a wide range of short (2h), use case focused classes to match your exact needs. Delivery method: Live Online. Time: 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM ET.
What attendees say
Sematext was an ideal training partner for Parse.ly. We had just recently adopted Elasticsearch on a new project, and they gave us two days of solid training that was tailored to our team’s needs. The material was built atop strong foundations and moved quickly into advanced areas around querying, Lucene internals, and cluster performance. It was clear that it was all informed by real-world experience operating these systems at scale.
Use Case Focused Elasticsearch Classes
Full day classes. Available upon request.
Looking for a more general and extended knowledge-based Elasticsearch training?
You can check our 8h online classes, available upon request and structured to correspond to different roles and Elasticsearch knowledge levels: for beginners to experienced developers or ops who want to learn quickly.
Intro to Elasticsearch
If you’re just getting started, after taking this class you will understand all core Elasticsearch concepts – data, master and client nodes and their differences, sharding, replication, mapping. Search relevance scores, etc
If you are looking to administer, tune and scale clusters, in this class you will learn everything you need to handle your Elasticsearch clusters in production – from tuning OS si JVM for performance through commits, merge policies and caches, query routing, scrolling, thread pools, and so on
Elasticsearch for Logging
If you are looking to learn about Beats, Logstash, Kibana, and other tools from the ecosystem, this class will teach you how to set up and use Kibana and Timelion, build different types of visualizations, create dashboards, dig in with sub-aggregations, and use Kibana to search through data
If you’re a developer looking to do more, in this class you will learn to index data into Elasticsearch and retrieve it using search and realtime get APIs. You will have a solid grasp of the underlying query parsing. Analysis, tokenization, and various types of queries
Looking for additional materials?
Make sure to check out our following resources:
Need On-Site or Remote Training
Get in touch with us