Make Operating Elasticsearch Efficient
- 2-hour online training
- A digital copy of the training material
- Docker Compose files, configs, scripts, etc.
- Certificate of Completion
Next Class: May 16 See Upcoming Classes
Full day classes available upon request
Looking for a more general and extended knowledge-based Elasticsearch training?
Who should attend?
This Elasticsearch online course is designed for anyone operating Elasticsearch clusters:
- A good understanding of core concepts is required (indices, shards, mappings replicas, nodes)
- This online training course teaches how to perform administrative tasks
What attendees say
Sematext was an ideal training partner for Parse.ly. We had just recently adopted Elasticsearch on a new project, and they gave us two days of solid training that was tailored to our team’s needs. The material was built atop strong foundations and moved quickly into advanced areas around querying, Lucene internals, and cluster performance. It was clear that it was all informed by real-world experience operating these systems at scale.
- Predefining index mappings and settings through templates
- Moving queries from code to configuration via search templates
- Identify and cancel long-running operations via task management
- How to do cluster restarts properly to minimize downtime and inconsistencies
- Rolling upgrades vs full cluster upgrades. When to do which.
- How snapshots work and how to perform them to minimize backup time and data loss
- Control chatter between nodes through allocation settings: options and trade-offs
- Setting up multiple index templates with different orders
- Making sure cluster starts recovery when enough nodes are up
- Avoiding the domino effect when a node goes down via allocation settings
- Index templates
- Search templates
- Snapshot and restore
- Elasticsearch cluster restarts and upgrades
- Allocation settings
Pick from a wide range of short (2h), use case focused classes to match your exact needs
|May 16, 2019||Administering Elasticsearch||$200 / person Only $180 / person before 6th Apr||Register Now|
|Sept 26, 2019||Administering Elasticsearch||$200 / person Only $180 / person before 20 July||Register Now|
|Dec 12, 2019||Administering Elasticsearch||$200 / person Only $180 / person before 30 Sept||Register Now|