In addition to looking for an Elasticsearch / Solr Engineer to join the Sematext team, we are also looking for an Lucene / Elasticsearch Engineer in EU for a specific project. This project calls for 6 months of on-site work with our client in Netherlands. After 6 months the collaboration with our client would continue remotely if there is more work to be done for the client or, if the client project(s) are over, this person would join our global team of Engineers and Search Consultants and work remotely (we are all very distributed over several countries and continents). This is a position focused on search – it involves working with Elasticsearch, but also requires enough understanding of Lucene to allow one to write custom Elasticsearch/Lucene components, such as tokenizers, for example. Here are some of the skills one should have for this job:
- knowledge of different types of Lucene queries/filters (boolean, spans, etc.) and their capabilities
- experience in extending out-of-the-box Lucene functionality via developing custom queries, scorers, collectors
- understanding of Lucene document analysis in the process of indexing, experience in writing custom analyzers
- experience in mapping advanced hierarchical data structures to Lucene fields
- experience in scalable distributed open-source search technologies such as Elasticsearch or Solr
The above is not much information to go by, but if this piqued your interest and if you think you are a good match, please fix up your resume and send it to email@example.com quickly.