10 things to know about Sematext Engineering
#1. Building several different products
We have built and are building several different products and there are more in the queue. This means more diversity, more new and interesting work is ahead.
#2. 300+ customers and projects around the globe
Although we are a product company, the consulting side of Sematext is a well-established practice – we have worked with hundreds of customers and projects around the planet. Every project is slightly different and keeps our work interesting.
#3. Massive project scale
We are small and agile, but all our products and our client engagements are of truly massive scale.
#4. We love open-source
We contribute to open-source (see sematext@github) and encourage open-source participation. Some of us are open-source veterans (not just users, but contributors).
#5. We often give talks
We are regulars at conferences and like to give talks.
#6. We love challenges!
Do you? Come join us! You’ll work with and learn from great engineers and be continually challenged to improve your skills. However, if you are afraid of learning, challenges, or want easy and simple work, then we are not your best choice.
#7. Working with the best technologies
We work with a wide range of modern technologies: search (e.g. Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes), big data (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra), linguistic (e.g. OpenNLP, Spacy), machine learning (e.g. Recommendation Engine).
#8. We keep code clean!
There is no ugly, old legacy code and everything we do is done with large scale, high performance, and ease of management/operations in mind.
#9. Highly distributed
We're fully distributed, spread over several continents. We gather at industry and all-hands events.
#10. No VCs involved
There is nobody to tell us what to work on, what we can or cannot do.
What our engineers say
Tech & tools we use
- ReactJS, Redux, Bootstrap
- Java, Kotlin, Go, NodeJS, Python
- Elasticsearch, Kafka, ClickHouse, Zookeeper, Jetty
- Akka, Project Reactor, stream-lib
- Docker, Kubernetes, Logagent, rsyslog
- AWS, Github, Jenkins, Ansible, JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Travis CI, WordPress, Stripe, Google Apps...
We contribute to external Open Source Projects
- Sematext loves open source software (OSS). We help our customers with a number of OSS search, data processing, and analytics technologies and we use OSS to build our products.
- We also give back in form of contribution to existing OSS projects, participation in the community, or by open-sourcing new software we've built in-house.
- We are always looking for bright people. If you want to work on stuff like this check out jobs at Sematext.