In this Agent Engineer role you will work on our and other open source Agents written in Go and Rust. Our agents collect metrics, container, Kubernetes, and system events, application transaction traces, network request information, security events, etc. They rely on eBPF, among other things.
We are looking for a talented, self-starting engineer to join our Sematext Cloud development team and work primarily on our agents, but also touching our backend services written in Go.
All our infrastructure is in AWS. We use Terraform and Ansible for automation and Jenkins for CI. All of our applications run in Docker containers orchestrated using Kubernetes. We try to automate everything we can. We use Github workflow and Kanban boards in JIRA. See further below about how we work.
This position will let you work with large volumes of streaming data, contribute to open-source projects, and interact with users and customers using our products. We don’t expect you to know everything coming in – we’ll pair you with peers who will help you improve your skills and close any experience gaps.
- Experience with or keen interest in low level programming, working with Linux kernel and eBPF
- Curiosity and passion for learning
- Self-starter and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience coding in Go or Rust
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch, ClickHouse, Kafka is a plus
- Experience with APM, Transaction Tracing, or OpenTelemetry is a plus
This position is open to candidates in North or South America or Europe, although truly exceptional individuals from other corners of the planet will be considered, too.
A bit about how we work
- We work in small 3-4 people teams
- We have 2-week sprints, which we plan every other Monday
- We do product demos every Friday
- We automate everything that can be automated - we have an automated test env, CI/CD pipeline, Kubernetes, etc.
- We use Slack and have an async version of daily standup
- We use JIRA, make use of story points, and we pay attention to our development velocity
- We use Figma and Figjam for UX designs
- We are a fully distributed company
- We organize whole-company gatherings every 6-12 months. Our recent such gathering were in Turkey, Croatia on three different occasions, Spain, and Poland.