6,000+ companies have used Sematext Cloud
Sematext helps smart devops teams move faster. Try it free now.
Sematext Docker Agent
Sematext Docker Agent runs as an itsy bitsy container itself and collects Docker host and container metrics, logs, and events. You run it with a single “docker run…” command or via docker-compose. It also runs as Kubernetes DaemonSet, Docker Swarm service, with Rancher, or with Marathon for Mesos or DC/OS. You can also deploy it to Docker Cloud with a single click.
- Sematext Docker Agent is light and native. It runs as a minime container on each of your Docker hosts
- It collects host and container metrics, logs and events
- Get out of the box host and container CPU, Memory, Swap, Memory failed counters, Network errors, Disk IO, Network traffic, and more
- Enable/disable agent via labels, route data using labels, whitelist/blacklist containers, enrich logs with GeoIP info, mask or strip sensitive data and a whole lot more — see Docker Monitoring & Logging
Container Log Shipping
- Configurable, built-in log parsing ensures logs are nicely structured, easily searchable for troubleshooting, but also ready for analytical queries, charts, and dashboards for your CTO and business
- Multi-line support for container logs to capture e.g. error stack traces as a single event
- Filter metrics and logs by host, container, image, or labels
- Create a sematext-agent.yml file with the DaemonSet definition and your Sematext Cloud app tokens, and start collecting Kubernetes metrics, logs, and events with a simple kubectl create -f sematext-agent.yml
- Get logs tagged with namespace, pod, container, image name, and UID
- Filter metrics and logs by host, container, image, pod, or labels
- Create a sematext/docker-compose.yml file with your Sematext Cloud app token and start with rancher-compose up -d. Et voilà!
- Visual configuration via Rancher Catalog template, just search for “Sematext” to find us
Docker Swarm Support
- Automatic agent deployment to all Swarm nodes with a single command
- Enrichment of logs with Swarm metadata like service name, service id, service instance, etc.
- Applications are discovered automatically by their image name
- Monitoring agents start automatically upon application discovery
- Configurable agent templates for custom settings
Deployable to any Docker-enabled platform within a few minutes: Docker Cloud, AWS ECS, etc.
Automatically discover any newly launched containers without manual intervention
Metrics + Logs + Events
Collect all Docker operational bits – metrics, logs, and events, both from Containers and their Hosts.
Use with Swarm, Docker Cloud, Docker Enterprise Edition, Amazon ECS, Kubernetes, Rancher, CoreOS, Mesos, etc.
Log Structure Parsing
Auto-detect and parse log formats for a number of applications out of the box; extensible with your own log parsing rules.
Auto-tag logs with image name, container name, Swarm and Kubernetes metadata; GeoIP enrichment
Route logs from different sets of containers to the right Logsene Application based on Container Labels.
Masking Sensitive Data
Hide sensitive data from the prying eyes by masking it before it is shipped, while still being able to look it up.
Secure & Reliable Data Transfer
All data is shipped via HTTPS; In case of network failure data is persisted and re-transmitted to avoid data loss.
Logs don’t get rejected when you go over your daily log volume limit, yet you get to set absolute limits to avoid surprise bills.
Share Logs and Metrics with your team using role based access control. Invite more team members by e-mail, there is no limit in the number of users!
Notify your DevOps team about critical issues, or react automatically with integrations for Slack, PagerDuty, HipChat or arbitrary web hooks.
Alerting on Metrics & Logs
Setup anomaly detection or threshold alerts on performance metrics per host, image or container. Spot critical log messages or high log frequency automatically.
Kibana & Grafana
Use native UI or built-in Kibana or even Grafana to build reports and dashboards with data from your logs.
Amazon S3 Archive
Got compliance requirements? Automatically archive all your logs to Amazon S3 for cheap long-term data retention.
Cloud & On Premises
Can’t ship your metrics or logs to the Cloud? No problem – On Premises solution is available, too.
Need help with monitoring or logging? Contact us! Our team of logging and monitoring experts can help.
Built by Docker Partners
Sematext is a recognized Docker Ecosystem Technology Partner for both Docker monitoring and logging.
“We use docker containers for our applications so integration was very easy by creating a new Sematext docker container. Also integrating other applications was easy as Sematext supports them.”
|Plans and Pricing||Basic||Standard||Pro||Pro Silver||Custom|
|Price (per Docker host per hour)||free 3 hosts max||$0.007 5 free containers $0.002/container/hour after that||$0.011 8 free containers $0.003/container/hour after that||$0.014 10 free containers $0.004/container/hour after that||Custom|
|Data Retention||30 min||30 days||60 days||180 days||Custom|
|Alerts: Threshold, Anomaly, Heartbeat||—||—||—||—||—|
|Infrastructure Monitoring (host and container metrics, container events)||—||—||—||—||—|
|Support||email/live chat||email/live chat||email/live chat/phone||email/live chat/phone||email/live chat|
|Custom Metrics / Month for additional custom metrics||10||50||250||500||Custom|
|Custom Datapoints / Month for additional custom metrics||500K||10M||50M||250M||Custom|
|Events / Day for additional custom metrics||100||5000||5000||5000||Custom|