Apache Solr Monitoring
Monitor Solr performance and health with comprehensive monitoring tools. Get deep visibility into your Solr logs, metrics, and events to ensure your search server is up and running at peak levels
Already have an account?
Sign in to get started.
What is solr
What is Solr?
Solr is a clustered search platform built on top of Apache Lucene. The architecture is designed to scale horizontally - distributing indexing, search and fault tolerance across many, often virtual machines, often in the hundreds of instances.
Search is often a critical part of an overall solution. No search means no sales, downtime costs money. Scale and tuning just-right, gaining insight into operational issues and technical failures are economic considerations. This is where monitoring tools like Sematext comes in as real contributors.
What you get
Find and Fix Solr Performance Problems Faster
Sematext Monitoring offers Solr monitoring tools that enable teams to easily set up and maintain monitoring. Out-of-the-box dashboards give you a detailed view of your system’s performance, exposing logs, metrics, and events at the same time. Along with its powerful alerting and reporting capabilities, it helps minimize the time spent troubleshooting.
- Monitor JVM Heap and GC behaviour, 'right-sizing' Solr instances to meet your traffic demands
- Pick up on trends in search and indexing latency, identifying points of concern and alert
- Optimize Solr index performance, using monitoring for iterative improvements
- Gain an accurate picture of I/O requirements for your cluster
- Confirm load and shard balance
- Identify when a new Solr query is performing slowly
Monitor Apache Solr Metrics in Real Time
Sematext’s performance monitoring tool automatically discovers Apache Solr services and lets you instantly start collecting Solr metrics directly through the user interface.You can also see JVM and system metrics to optimize Solr by spotting resource bottlenecks, slow garbage collection, inadequate JVM heap settings, and more. Sematext monitors and alerts on all the stats needed to ensure Solr performance, including:
- JVM metrics, pool size, utilization and thread counts, open files
- Garbage collection frequency, duration and depth
- Search performance metrics: Request rate, latency, timeline
- Indexing performance metrics: Indexing size, latency, timeline, file system stats, deletions by ID vs query
- Cache metrics: Filter-cache, document-cache, query result-cache, per segment filter cache
- Collection metrics: commit times, warmup times
- Check the Solr monitoring documentation to see the entire list of performance metrics provided.
Speed Up Troubleshooting with Apache Solr Logs
Add log monitoring to you Solr performance strategy to improve troubleshooting. Sematext integrates with all the popular log shippers and libraries to easily collect and Solr logs. Intuitive dashboards allow you to easily correlate them with Solr performance monitoring metrics for better observability and faster troubleshooting.
- Find slow Solr queries, broken queries, queries returning zero hits, node timeouts, replication issues, and much more
- Facet and visualize the types of log records being generated
- See how many log records are generated on a per collection basis
- Create timeseries visualizations of logs to see activity over time
Benefit from Pre-Built Monitoring Dashboards
Sematext gives you out-of-the-box dashboards to continuously monitor the availability, health, and performance of your system.
- Get out-of-the-box monitoring charts
- Add or remove components and charts in existing reports to customize dashboards
- Add a new report page with your favorite metrics, charts, components, and filters
- Combine metrics and logs to cut troubleshooting time in half
Notify Your DevOps Team About Critical Issues
Sematext allows you to stay on top of performance issues with customizable monitoring and alerting on any combination of metrics, filters, and logs.
- Set up custom anomaly detection or threshold alerts
- Send notifications to Slack, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, custom Webhooks, email, etc.
- Invite team members. There is no limit on the number of users!
- Share logs and metrics with your team using role-based access control
Compare Any Two Reports in a Single View
With Split Screen you can compare any two reports. Split Screen is available across the whole product and you can open any report with events, logs, or metrics for easy correlation.
Start Monitoring Your System in Seconds
Sematext features a simple monitoring agent setup with extremely low overhead.
- Install the Sematext Agent in seconds.
- Supported across any environment, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, and more
- Use Discovery to discover and monitor services inside containers
- Select which performance metrics and logs to collect from the UI
Plans and pricing
Plans and Pricing
Sematext Monitoring pricing starts at $3.6/host/month. There are no long-term commitments necessary, and the cost is usage-based. Monthly cost estimates for the current month are displayed in Sematext during the free trial to avoid any surprises and 100% transparency.
See Plans and Pricing
Get Meaningful Insights for Effective Monitoring
Get dozens of key metrics and logs at your fingertips. Sematext Monitoring offers robust and reliable tools to ensure the functionality and high availability of your applications and services.
- Ensure minimal downtime
- Benefit from predictable resource usage
- Scale effectively based on load
- Starts as low as $3.6/host/month