10,000+ Companies trust Sematext
Get Actionable Insights Faster with Sematext Cloud Try it free now.
Distributed Transaction Tracing
Get full application health visibility with Transaction Tracing. Track end-to-end request code execution across multiple applications, tiers, servers, microservices, and processes. Transaction Tracing starts close to the front-end — in the tier where applications communicate with backend and remote services, as well as data stores like Solr, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, HBase, MySQL, and data processing frameworks like Apache Spark, Flink, Kafka… Such Transaction Tracing lets you discover slow and suboptimal parts of your stack. Along the way, Sematext also computes error rates, failed and merely slow transactions, and builds a dynamic AppMap of all monitored apps with real-time updates of their interactions. Distributed Transaction Tracing is great for:
Real User Monitoring
Give your customers the experience they deserve! Increase customer satisfaction by analyzing data from real user sessions. We detect anomalies and send you alerts in real-time. Enhance your front-end performance with Real User Monitoring.
- Get a full resource waterfall view showing assets that are slowing down your pages including detailed load time analysis
- Monitor page performance and resource usage of your single-page applications
- Monitor your Apdex Score to identify performance bottlenecks and ensure high user satisfaction
- Be the first to know when your customers encounter website performance issues with automatic alerting
- Retrace real user journeys and see where and why they encountered performance issues such as slow page loading or errors
Monitor the availability and performance of your website and APIs. Simulate business-critical user journeys. Get alerted when checks fail. Nothing to install, nothing to maintain.
- Monitor availability of your APIs and website from multiple locations
- Identify business-critical web performance metrics
- Monitor & identify issues with third-party resources
- Waterfall chart to visualize individual resource timings and identify resources that impact page load time
- Monitor APIs & websites behind the firewall using private agent deployed in your network
- Proactive real-time alerting
- Create public status page showing the availability of your selected web services and share it with your customers
Custom Pointcuts (for JVM)
While identifying slow transactions is key to performance tuning, there are times when one needs more information about specific transactions that are not necessarily slow. Want to capture timing information for a specific method? Or measure how many times a specific method is called? Maybe you want to exclude all calls to a recursive method from a transaction trace? Sematext Cloud provides such capabilities through custom instrumentation, letting you easily create your own custom pointcuts. The built-in extension mechanism can be used to instrument custom method calls that are not handled by the Sematext tracing agent out of the box.
AppMap is a map-like visualization of your complete application architecture. Unlike NetMap, which renders a map of your infrastructure, AppMap shows inter-component communication and their throughput, latency, errors rates, etc. Connections to external services and databases are also captured and visualized. All information is updated in real-time. As such, AppMap helps you:
- Instantly see your whole architecture and its operational state and health
- Discover chatty, network-heavy components
- Discover components whose communication contains errors
- Keep the whole team up to date with the actual, live application architecture
- Speed up onboarding process for new team members by showing them the current architecture instead of outdated architecture diagrams
Database Operations & Slow SQL
Using Sematext APM Transaction Tracing enables database operations and slow SQL tracking. This uncovers your slowest database transactions and suboptimal SQL statements. As such, Database Operations & Slow SQL helps you:
- Find the slowest DB operation types
- View full SQL statements
- See end-to-end HTTP transaction context, through multiple tiers, including full call trace
- Get top 10 database operations by throughput, latency, or time consumed
- Filter DB operations by type
Combine the Power of Metrics, Logs, and Real User Monitoring Under One Roof
Stop monitoring software, start monitoring real customer satisfaction. Troubleshoot performance issues proactively and detect potential business impact and opportunities with real-time data.
- End-user experience monitoring integrated with Logs, Application Performance Monitoring (APM), and Infrastructure Monitoring tools
- Sematext Experience combines the power of your DevOps and BizOps team with rich out-of-the-box dashboards
- Go from metric spikes to your apps’ and servers’ logs in seconds
- See any performance metrics and logs in a single unified view
- Find similar metric patterns with built-in metric correlation