The Sematext team is more distributed than your average Elasticsearch cluster and, trust me, we’ve seen a a good portion of the world’s Elasticsearch clusters. The thing with Elasticsearch clusters is they often get new nodes added and they keep expanding to handle more data and more queries. Similarly, we are looking to add a new node to the Sematext team so we can reshard our work a bit, distribute it more evenly, and scale further. In plain English, we are looking for an Engineer who loves working with Elasticsearch, who loves large volumes of data, and a wide variety of projects and challenges involving large scale data processing, high volume indexing, high query rates, who likes working with our clients, and wants to make Logsene and SPM the killer log management and monitoring platforms. Advanced knowledge of Elasticsearch is less important than passion to learn and build, positive attitude, ability to make decisions, work both independently and with the rest of the team, communicate well, and simply be a good person. We can teach you everything about Elasticsearch and turn you into a bonsai tree loving Elasticsearch samurai, but we need you to be all these other things.
As a member of our team you will get to:
- Work with world-class search experts
- Design and implement systems (both our own and our clients’) that process 10s of thousands of queries per second and handle billions of documents, logs, data points, etc.
- Interact with clients and customers world-wide
- Provide guidance, architecture design, implementation, and production support around Elasticsearch
- Participate in and contribute to open-source (we’ve contributed to Solr, Lucene, HBase, Flume, rsyslog, Logstash, etc.)
- Share your knowledge with clients, at conferences and under-conferences, online community, etc.
- Offers a lot of independence, learning, and growth
- Is open to applicants “west of New York City” (this could be South, Central, or North America, of course), though we’ll happily make an exception if you persuade us we should make an exception for you!
Our search team members have written several books about search, regularly give talks at conferences, blog, and participate in open-source projects. For more info, see 19 things you may like about Sematext.
Interested? Please send your resume to email@example.com.
For other job openings please see Jobs @ Sematext or even our previous job listings.