DEVELOPER / DEVOPS EVANGELIST
Sematext is looking for someone with a business and marketing bent and enough technical background to be able to put together bits of code and demos of SPM, Logsene, and other products we are working on. A good fit for this role is a person who likes to teach and share, knows how to connect with people and their needs, is passionate and is considered (or wants to become) a thought leader in at least one area — Monitoring, Logging, Data Analytics and/or Business Intelligence. Our ideal evangelist also enjoys the agility and challenge of a startup. For a good description of the type of person we are looking for watch this video. Sematext is a young, fast growing, highly distributed and agile team and our developer evangelist will work in many different capacities and contribute to the company’s success in a variety of ways.
- Create technical content and demos for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers, devops, and others how to implement specific solutions or use new technologies
- Prepare and deliver presentations and webinars, speak at industry conferences, local meetups and other events
- Build relationships with tech bloggers, open source contributors and product community leaders, journalists and analysts
- Educate and empower developers, giving technical workshops and brown bags
- Build partnerships with individuals, companies and organizations that serve the same communities we do (Elasticsearch, Solr, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, Spark, etc.)
- Gather and socialize product feedback that informs engineering, sales, and marketing decision making
- BS or higher in Computer Science or professional experience as a developer, sys admin, sales engineer or other technical role
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to write for engineers or high-level management
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction
- Participation in open-source community
- Experience with other commercial and open source monitoring, logging, or analytics technologies
- Experience working in a startup
You can check out our products, our services, our clients, and our team to get a better sense of what Sematext is all about. Also worth a look are the 19 things you may like about Sematext. Interested? Please send your resume to email@example.com. For other job openings please see Jobs @ Sematext or even our previous job listings.