If you’ve always wanted to work with Hadoop, HBase, Flume, and friends and build massively scalable, high-throughput distributed systems (like our Search Analytics and SPM), we have a Data Engineer position that is all about that! If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Versatile architect and developer – design and build large, high performance,scalable data processing systems using Hadoop, HBase, and other big data technologies
- DevOps fan – run and tune large data processing production clusters
- Tool maker – develop ops and management tools
- Open source participant – keep up with development in areas of cloud and distributed computing, NoSQL, Big Data, Analytics, etc.
- solid Math, Statistics, Machine Learning, or Data Mining is not required but is a big plus
- experience with Analytics, OLAP, Data Warehouse or related technologies is a big plus
- ability and desire to expand and lead a data engineering team
- ability to think both business and engineering
- ability to build products and services based on observed client needs
- ability to present in public, at meetups, conferences, etc.
- ability to contribute to blog.sematext.com
- active participation in open-source communities
- desire to share knowledge and teach
- positive attitude, humor, agility, high integrity, and low ego, attention to detail
- New York
We’re small and growing. Our HQ is in Brooklyn, but our team is spread over 4 continents. If you follow this blog you know we have deep expertise in search and big data analytics and that our team members are conference speakers, book authors, Apache members, open-source contributors, etc.