Using Sematext Synthetics you can create public and private status pages to share the status and response time of your services. Use the status pages to:
- Communicate the status of your services to your customers
- Share status updates with your customers during planned maintenance or outages
- Create a dashboard of service status to share across internal teams
Create Status Page¶
You can create multiple status pages under your account. Navigate to the
Synthetics -> Status Pages screen to create a status page.
The following fields are required to create a status page:
- Monitors - List of monitors to be included in the status page. All the active monitors from Apps for which you have OWNER or ADMIN role can be included in the status page. The same monitor can be included in multiple status pages.
- Name - Unique name for the status page.
- Header Name - Company name to be displayed in the status page header.
- Header Logo - URL of the company logo to be displayed in the status page header. An image with a height of 40px and white background is recommended.
- Response Time Aggregation - Aggregation to apply for Response Time chart. The response time is aggregated in 1 hour buckets.
- Custom domain - Optionally you can host the status page in your own custom domain.
Every status page will have a unique public URL of the format -
https://apps.sematext.com/ui/statuspages/<unique-token>. You can use this URL to preview the status page before opening to the public.
Disabling the status page will block the public access for the status page.
Custom Domain Setup¶
To use a custom domain for your status page e.g., status.company.com, you will need to:
- enter the domain in the Custom domain field
- configure your DNS provider
To configure your DNS provider, add a CNAME record for
status.company.com. The record should point to:
statuspage.us.sematext.comif your App is created in the Sematext Cloud US region
statuspage.eu.sematext.comif your App is created in the Sematext Cloud EU region
The status page should now be available at https://status.company.com.
Status Page UI¶
- Header Logo
- Header Name
- Current Status
- Monitor Name
- Availability for Last 30 days
- Response Time for Last 24h
- Last Refresh Time
The status page is auto-refreshed every 1 minute.